[NTB] Freeware Links for Aid w/NoteTab

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2000
      Hi David,

      I brought this over to the basic list, because sooner or later
      some of you might like these apps to help make icons for the new
      Clipbar in version 4.8.

      If some of you want to get started here is some info about the icons:

      * Added option to use custom icons for Clipbar buttons. These
      icons should be placed in the Libraries folder. Accepted image
      formats are bitmaps (.bmp) and icons (.ico). Recommended image
      size is 18x18 pixels or smaller. Larger images are shrunk to fit
      in the allocated space. The transparency color is determined by
      the pixel color at the bottom-left corner of the image.

      David wrote on the beta list:

      > Could someone post a list of sources for appropriate icons
      > (18x18 or smaller, preferably .bmp, WITH A LIST OF THE PACKAGE
      > SIZES, packed and unpacked?

      I have made some and will go through the large download and try
      to get you a few dozen to play with. In the meantime here are
      three freeware apps that you can extract icons from your existing
      .dll's, .exe's, .icl's etc. The last link of the four that Len
      posted the other day has a 1MB file that breaks out to about a
      dozen .icl files that IconEx can read. There are some fairly
      nice ones in there, but it is like the big one in the since you
      might only find 1 out of 50 that are worthwhile for NoteTab.
      With these three you can extract and resize. If you save as .bmp
      you can play with them in Windows Paint.

      Icon Extractor v1.3 (Bottom of Page)
      http://www.execpc.com/~sbd/IconEx.html

      IconJack ver. 1.0 (PC Mag - thanks Dennis)
      http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/swlib/hotfiles/info.html?b=pcm&fcode=000OFI

      IrfanView (I_View) ver. 3.10
      http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474

      Bye for now,