[NTB] Re: Compress Lines ? icon or shortcut

  • Raymond Fitzgerald
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 21, 2000
      Hi rellieb-jean,

      >Is there a hotkey or icon to allow me to quickly get to
      >"Compress Lines" (see Modify|Lines|Compress) in NTP?

      No, but there's a clip! At the risk of incurring Jody's wrath ;-):

      H="Compress lines"
      ^!Keyboard Alt+M L C

      Cheers,
      Ray
    • rellieb-jean
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 22, 2000
        Hello Raymond,

        > No, but there's a clip! At the risk of incurring Jody's wrath ;-):

        Thanks I just now signed onto the clip list, to avoid future wrath
        ;-)

        Best regards,
        rellieb-jean
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 22, 2000
          Hi Rellieb-Jean & Ray,

          >> No, but there's a clip! At the risk of incurring Jody's wrath ;-):
          >
          > Thanks I just now signed onto the clip list, to avoid future wrath
          > ;-)

          Thank you for signing up on it!

          I realize some of you can't understand why I don't allow little
          tiny short Clips posted. There is a good reason for that though
          whether you agree with it or not. When you post a Clip others
          think it is allowed and they too start posting them. It has a
          snowball effect until it is out of control. I can't say one or
          two line Clips would be OK, because then there would be some of
          you that would say, "Well, if two are OK, then this three liner
          is OK." New members see small Clips and think any Clip is OK,
          etc. The only solution is not to post any clips at all.

          If you have the need to have the Clip posted where others can see
          your efforts, just post it to the Clips List and copy the person
          requesting something if you are not sure they are on that list.
          You can also be sly about it and just say they can make a Clip
          using keyboard commands to do it and to sign up for the Clips
          list if they need help.

          I understand that we will post by accident at times - no biggie -
          I certainly have posted my few to the Basic List like that. What
          bothers me though is when the old timers on the list who know
          better (here's your flame Ray:-) must say to themselves, "I don't
          care about the list rules, about the other members, about Jody,
          etc. - I am going to post this thing anyway regardless of who I
          am disrespectful to." That is the way I interpret it anyway.

          As I have said before there are about 300 more members on the
          Basic List that would not be there if we were wide open again
          with Clips on it. It is not fair to them to not have a list
          where they can learn the Basics of NoteTab. So, please, "JUST
          SAY NO!" <g> No Clips to the Basic list. Thank you.

          If you made it this far, in short:

          1. No attachments.
          2. No Clips to the Basic List.
          3. No talking of other software.
          4. Delete all text from replies that is not needed to understand
          your reply.
          5. No HTML (Styled) formatted text.

          Thanks!
          Jody

          Clean-Funnies: click and send...
          mailto:CF@...?subject=Subscribe
        • Lloyd
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 22, 2000

            >1. No attachments.
            >2. No Clips to the Basic List.
            >3. No talking of other software.
            >4. Delete all text from replies that is not needed to understand
            > your reply.
            >5. No HTML (Styled) formatted text.
            >
            >Thanks!
            >Jody
            To Jody & all,

            My apologies for the last post about the refresh clip. I sent it without
            thinking about where I was. As soon as it was gone, the next clip was by
            Jody saying NO, NO, NO and rightfully so. I assure you all, I will do
            better in the future.

            Lloyd
          • rellieb-jean
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 22, 2000
              Hello Jody,

              > The only solution is not to post any clips at all.

              I certainly agree with your slippery slope argument, as it only takes a
              minute to sign onto another list, anyway, so I don't see any problem
              with keeping or directing clip related messages there.

              Egroups are child's play to sub and unsubcribe.

              --
              Best regards,
              rellieb-jean
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 24, 2000
                Hi Jody,

                > >> No, but there's a clip! At the risk of incurring Jody's wrath ;-):
                > >
                > > Thanks I just now signed onto the clip list, to avoid future wrath
                > > ;-)
                >
                >Thank you for signing up on it!
                >
                >I realize some of you can't understand why I don't allow little
                >tiny short Clips posted. There is a good reason for that though
                <snip>

                Well I asked for it! Of course no disrespect intended. Guess I was "pushing
                the envelope" with that one-line clip without fully realizing that even
                those are *clearly* no-nos. I'm glad you replied with that good long
                explanation.

                Cheers,
                Ray
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 24, 2000
                  Hi Ray,

                  > Guess I was "pushing the envelope" with that one-line clip
                  > without fully realizing that even those are *clearly* no-nos.
                  > I'm glad you replied with that good long explanation.

                  And I am glad we did not start the South vs. Texas Civil War on
                  the list - thanks for understanding Ray!!!

                  c ya,
                  Jody

                  The whole world doth err save you
                  and me and even thou doest err some!

                  http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
                • Planetwax@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 1, 2000
                    Hi there NTBers!

                    I have a simple HTML question. Whenever I try to turn the Cellspacing tag
                    to 0, I still see lines when I check in the browser. What am I doing wrong?

                    Thanks,
                    Janet
                  • Planetwax@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 1, 2000
                      Hi NTBers,

                      Can someone point me into the direction of having this mailing list sent to
                      my new email address?

                      Thanks,
                      Janet
                      waxplanet@...
                    • Harvey R. Savage
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 1, 2000
                        Hi Janet,

                        Go to this address, http://www.egroups.com/UserGroupsPage?. Once
                        there, if you have previously joined the group, you can select -user
                        info- and make the necessary changes to the address.

                        hrs

                        --
                        ¿? Harvey R. Savage
                        ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 2, 2000
                          Hello Planetwax,

                          > Can someone point me into the direction of having this
                          > mailing list sent to my new email address?

                          Why not just unsubscribe and then resubscribe at new mailto. It would
                          at least save you having to register at egroups; ie. just do change via
                          email.

                          --
                          Best regards,
                          rellieb-jean