[NTB] Re: font faces

  • Lotta
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7 5:15 PM
      Hi,
      Nice to be able to offer some help, so far I have only been in the
      recieving end!

      At 01:52 2000-01-08 , you wrote:
      > I like the
      >comic sans font, which is on my system, but I can't get it into a web page.
      That seems very peculiar. Are you sure your spelling is right? That's what
      usually mix it up. You have to write the whole font name. I use Comic Sans
      MS. If you can use the font in your other apps it should show up in your
      brwser, too.

      >That brings up another question, "Does the font that I am trying to use have
      >to be located in a certain place in my system in order for me to use it in a
      >website?"
      Yes, I think so. But if they are in the fontlist they ought to be in the
      right place. If you install any new you find the folder at:
      start/settings/contrls/fonts (this is not the correct terms, don't know
      them in english, but you get a hint I hope)
      Just put them in the font folder and they will show up in the font lists.
      Remember - you see them, others may not.

      Lotta
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7 5:23 PM
        Hi Jay,

        > That brings up another question, "Does the font that I am
        > trying to use have to be located in a certain place in my
        > system in order for me to use it in a website?"

        The fonts on your machine are used to disply your pages and
        anything that uses font on your machine. If you put a font on
        your web page that the vistor does not have the page will default
        to whatever the browsers default is or whatever the user overides
        web page fonts with in their options. Fonts are found in
        Windows\Fonts most the time, but some get installed in Windows
        main folder.

        To use a certain font get its name from Windows Explorer or a
        font viewer. Put that name in the tag:

        <FONT FACE="Comic Sans MS">text</FONT>

        Not everybody has that font though. I would stick to: Arial,
        Helvetica, Times New Roman, or Courier New myself.

        Happy HTML'n!
        Jody

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab and Html List...
        mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
      • DiggerToo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7 5:53 PM
          Hi Jody,

          Thanks so much for the help. Though I sure wouldn't use all those extra
          fonts, I just wanted to be able to say I could make it happen. Through all
          the help I found from this group. It happened. Thanks for making that
          possible.