[NTB] Re: font faces

  • DiggerToo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2000
      Thanks for the suggestions Lotta. I was referring to web pages. I like the
      comic sans font, which is on my system, but I can't get it into a web page.

      That brings up another question, "Does the font that I am trying to use have
      to be located in a certain place in my system in order for me to use it in a
      website?"
    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2000
        Hi,
        Nice to be able to offer some help, so far I have only been in the
        recieving end!

        At 01:52 2000-01-08 , you wrote:
        > I like the
        >comic sans font, which is on my system, but I can't get it into a web page.
        That seems very peculiar. Are you sure your spelling is right? That's what
        usually mix it up. You have to write the whole font name. I use Comic Sans
        MS. If you can use the font in your other apps it should show up in your
        brwser, too.

        >That brings up another question, "Does the font that I am trying to use have
        >to be located in a certain place in my system in order for me to use it in a
        >website?"
        Yes, I think so. But if they are in the fontlist they ought to be in the
        right place. If you install any new you find the folder at:
        start/settings/contrls/fonts (this is not the correct terms, don't know
        them in english, but you get a hint I hope)
        Just put them in the font folder and they will show up in the font lists.
        Remember - you see them, others may not.

        Lotta
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2000
          Hi Jay,

          > That brings up another question, "Does the font that I am
          > trying to use have to be located in a certain place in my
          > system in order for me to use it in a website?"

          The fonts on your machine are used to disply your pages and
          anything that uses font on your machine. If you put a font on
          your web page that the vistor does not have the page will default
          to whatever the browsers default is or whatever the user overides
          web page fonts with in their options. Fonts are found in
          Windows\Fonts most the time, but some get installed in Windows
          main folder.

          To use a certain font get its name from Windows Explorer or a
          font viewer. Put that name in the tag:

          <FONT FACE="Comic Sans MS">text</FONT>

          Not everybody has that font though. I would stick to: Arial,
          Helvetica, Times New Roman, or Courier New myself.

          Happy HTML'n!
          Jody

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab and Html List...
          mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
        • DiggerToo@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 7, 2000
            Hi Jody,

            Thanks so much for the help. Though I sure wouldn't use all those extra
            fonts, I just wanted to be able to say I could make it happen. Through all
            the help I found from this group. It happened. Thanks for making that
            possible.