[NTB] Re: Notetab

  • peter griffiths
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 6, 2000
      Hello everyone using Note tab and who have sent me alot of information on
      using note tab. I have saved all of the replies and will go through them.
      With all of the information that I have received it would be churlish of me
      not to use the information and get on with creating my first web page.
      Thanks to all of you Peter.

      eric_richards@... wrote:

      > > Failing any information that would be of use to me in setting up web
      > > pages, I shall
      > > uninstall the programme. Here's hoping Peter Griffiths
      > > <<
      >
      > I'd like to add something here as well. Peter, I've been using notetab
      > for approximately three months and it's become such a useful tool that
      > I created my whole commerical website (http://www.upscalemale.com)
      > using notetab. It makes creating web pages significantly easier. As
      > Jody mentioned the first thing you want to do is:
      >
      > Open a text document in NoteTab and on
      > the main menu under Modify click on Document to HTML and then No
      > Character conversion. Press the icon to view in browser after
      > that. It is out towards the right of the Toolbar...
      >
      > Next you want to start adding and experiementing with that document
      >
      > 1. Get a html clip library. This is a must!!! Several people have
      > created them and this is what makes notetab so useful. You can get many
      > html libraries at the notetab web site. Clips are basically macros
      > which allow you to add many different html tags to your document. Once
      > you've done this, add your own text, tables etc to the html document
      > created above.
      >
      > 2. I didn't know anything about creating web pages a few months ago so
      > I bought a $10.00 book called teach yourself HTML in 10 minutes.
      > Sounds like your taking a class so that's even better. It's just
      > taking the knowledge that you learn in your class and applying it to
      > the text editor. Give it one week and try different things, you will
      > start to see how really easy it is.
      >
      > 3. Lastly, what makes notetab so great is the clip language and the
      > support your get from others in this forum. Even if you don't want or
      > need to learn the clip language, there are plenty of others who are
      > writing clips to do just about everything. I recently completed a
      > couple of clips for Search Engine Positioning. There available for
      > free any help you analyze you web page and the pages of others. Very
      > useful.
      >
      > The point is, start slow with a few basic html tags and after a week or
      > so, it will all come together.
      >
      > Please feel free to email at eric_richards@... if you have
      > any questions or need assistance. I'm sure I or anyone in this forum
      > can help you with your questions. That's what makes it so great.
      >
      > Eric

      > Looking for educational tools for you kids?
      >
      > Find everything you need at SmarterKids.com

      > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/notetab/?m=1
    • Bill Scott
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 6, 2000
        You will find people very helpful here on this
        -- and all the other NoteTab lists.

        My $0.02: :-)

        That has certainly been my experience with everyone ...

        Bill Scott

        Online Puppy Tutorial

        http://www.stockdogsaction.com/puppies.htm
      • Len
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 6, 2000
          Hi Peter;

          I don't know your level of knowledge so bear with me please
          (you coulod easily be more advanced than I).
          HTML (Hyper Text Mark Up Language) is a high level computer
          language used to code HTML programs to display information in
          web browsers.
          All the instructions are enclosed in <....> brackets (why?) and
          may be of <inst> or <inst1 inst2 inst3 ...> format.
          So it is simply a matter of learning the language. :))

          The following procedures will get you started.
          Try the following in NoteTab if you haven't already done so.

          Menu Bar|View|Options|View tab|Show HTML Options checked.
          Menu Bar|View|Options|Internet|Main Browser|Browse button
          Browse to and select your web browser .exe file.
          Menu Bar|View|Options|Internet|Highlght URLs checked
          Click on OK

          Click on Menue Bar|File|Template|Edit|HTML.tpl
          This a tempate for making a basic HTML web page for text display.
          The ^?[....] ^$....$ ^!Find "... CWS
          are clip commands unrelated to the web page.
          Close this document.

          Click on Menue Bar|File|Template|Open|HTML.tpl
          Enter your title and click OK.
          This is a basic HTML web page for displaying text.
          Type or copy some text in the "... Type content here!" area.
          Select Menu Bar|Tools|View in Browser.
          Your web browser should open displaying the web page.

          I found Joe Barta's WebTutor at http://junior.apk.net/~jbarta/
          to be very usable (although somewhat flamboyant :).

          What web browser do you use ?

          Have fun, Len

          Leonard O. Hargrove, Jr.
          Avionics Systems Engineer