[NTB] re:Peter

  • loro@post.netlink.se
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2000
      Peter!
      I think your problem is that you expect NTP to do the HTML for you, and
      that it will not. If that's what you want there is WYSIWYG -What You See Is
      What You Get-editors. The problem with those is they don't do a nice job.
      As you drag'n drop and think everything is dandy they generate a (mostly)
      very peculiar html-code. If you don't know html you will not be able to
      correct that and then you are really stuck.
      What NTP does is offering the best and easiest way around to create
      shortcuts and taglists of your choice. Believe me, I have had every text
      editor you can find at the shareware places on my PC and none of them come
      even close...
      The best adwise I can give you is this:
      1. Get the hang of making simple clips.
      2. Find a tutoriol you like and understand. Try Joe Barta's at
      http://junior.apk.net/~jbarta/
      He makes everything very understandable. (He also is the handsomest guy a
      know.)
      3. Do what he tells you. WRITE the html examples yourself and play around
      with them.
      4. As you learn the tags, make clips of them and sort them into lists in a
      order you like.
      BINGO! Now you've got your own lists of handy tags and making them will
      speed up learning too. Later on you can make your own wizards if you like...
      That's the beauty - you make your own shortcuts as you like them. But you
      have to learn some basic HTML. But again, that's the only way that will get
      you anywhere at all...
      Hope this will help you/Lotta