[NTB] Re: Notetab

  • peter griffiths
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 6, 2000
      Hello everyone using Note tab and who have sent me alot of information on
      using note tab. I have saved all of the replies and will go through them.
      With all of the information that I have received it would be churlish of me
      not to use the information and get on with creating my first web page.
      Thanks to all of you Peter.

      eric_richards@... wrote:

      > > Failing any information that would be of use to me in setting up web
      > > pages, I shall
      > > uninstall the programme. Here's hoping Peter Griffiths
      > > <<
      >
      > I'd like to add something here as well. Peter, I've been using notetab
      > for approximately three months and it's become such a useful tool that
      > I created my whole commerical website (http://www.upscalemale.com)
      > using notetab. It makes creating web pages significantly easier. As
      > Jody mentioned the first thing you want to do is:
      >
      > Open a text document in NoteTab and on
      > the main menu under Modify click on Document to HTML and then No
      > Character conversion. Press the icon to view in browser after
      > that. It is out towards the right of the Toolbar...
      >
      > Next you want to start adding and experiementing with that document
      >
      > 1. Get a html clip library. This is a must!!! Several people have
      > created them and this is what makes notetab so useful. You can get many
      > html libraries at the notetab web site. Clips are basically macros
      > which allow you to add many different html tags to your document. Once
      > you've done this, add your own text, tables etc to the html document
      > created above.
      >
      > 2. I didn't know anything about creating web pages a few months ago so
      > I bought a $10.00 book called teach yourself HTML in 10 minutes.
      > Sounds like your taking a class so that's even better. It's just
      > taking the knowledge that you learn in your class and applying it to
      > the text editor. Give it one week and try different things, you will
      > start to see how really easy it is.
      >
      > 3. Lastly, what makes notetab so great is the clip language and the
      > support your get from others in this forum. Even if you don't want or
      > need to learn the clip language, there are plenty of others who are
      > writing clips to do just about everything. I recently completed a
      > couple of clips for Search Engine Positioning. There available for
      > free any help you analyze you web page and the pages of others. Very
      > useful.
      >
      > The point is, start slow with a few basic html tags and after a week or
      > so, it will all come together.
      >
      > Please feel free to email at eric_richards@... if you have
      > any questions or need assistance. I'm sure I or anyone in this forum
      > can help you with your questions. That's what makes it so great.
      >
      > Eric

      > Looking for educational tools for you kids?
      >
      > Find everything you need at SmarterKids.com

      > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/notetab/?m=1
    • Lloyd
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 6, 2000
        Hi Peter,

        It doesn't matter how extensive the help file is, the normal information
        you pick up in a course, or how much help you get off the lists. It wont
        give you the confidence that finishing your first Web page gives. Just
        close your eyes and jump in. Follow the information Jody and some of the
        others gave you. If you have a problem, first look in the help if the
        answer is not there, then just ask. Remember, there are no stupid questions
        only people without all the information. When you ask, you are on your way
        to getting that information. You will find people very helpful here on this
        -- and all the other NoteTab lists.

        Lloyd
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        >Hello Peter,
        >
        >>Hello Jody, I have been receiving copies of many many messages about
        >>Notetab. Unfortunately, and I am not a stupid person, I am unable to
        >>understand any of the questions nor the replies. I first contacted you
        >>when I purchased note tab to ask about a book or reference on the use
        >>of Notetab. I printed all of the stuff on the READme and HELP but I
        >>cannot find a few simple chapters on how the use of NOTETAB for setting
        >>up a web page, or how the text editor helps.
        >
        >There's a topic in the Help file under the "How to" section called: Create
        >Web Pages. Did you read it? I realize there are lots of improvements that
        >could be added to my Help file. But I'm a programmer, not a technical
        >writer. Still, I think you'll find the NoteTab Help file more
        >comprehensive than most programs of its class (have you seen the
        >MS-Notepad Help file <g>?).
        >

        >Regards,
        >Eric Fookes
        >-----------
        >NoteTab v4.6a available from
        > http://www.notetab.com and http://www.notetab.ch
        >NoteTab v4.8 Beta from
        > http://www.notetab.com/beta.htm

        >Toys, Books, Software. Save $10 on any order of $25 or more at
        >SmarterKids.com. Hurry, offer expires 1/15/00.
        >http://click.egroups.com/1/646/4/_/2478/_/947169245
        >
        >eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab/

      • Bill Scott
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 6, 2000
          You will find people very helpful here on this
          -- and all the other NoteTab lists.

          My $0.02: :-)

          That has certainly been my experience with everyone ...

          Bill Scott

          Online Puppy Tutorial

          http://www.stockdogsaction.com/puppies.htm
        • Len
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 6, 2000
            Hi Peter;

            I don't know your level of knowledge so bear with me please
            (you coulod easily be more advanced than I).
            HTML (Hyper Text Mark Up Language) is a high level computer
            language used to code HTML programs to display information in
            web browsers.
            All the instructions are enclosed in <....> brackets (why?) and
            may be of <inst> or <inst1 inst2 inst3 ...> format.
            So it is simply a matter of learning the language. :))

            The following procedures will get you started.
            Try the following in NoteTab if you haven't already done so.

            Menu Bar|View|Options|View tab|Show HTML Options checked.
            Menu Bar|View|Options|Internet|Main Browser|Browse button
            Browse to and select your web browser .exe file.
            Menu Bar|View|Options|Internet|Highlght URLs checked
            Click on OK

            Click on Menue Bar|File|Template|Edit|HTML.tpl
            This a tempate for making a basic HTML web page for text display.
            The ^?[....] ^$....$ ^!Find "... CWS
            are clip commands unrelated to the web page.
            Close this document.

            Click on Menue Bar|File|Template|Open|HTML.tpl
            Enter your title and click OK.
            This is a basic HTML web page for displaying text.
            Type or copy some text in the "... Type content here!" area.
            Select Menu Bar|Tools|View in Browser.
            Your web browser should open displaying the web page.

            I found Joe Barta's WebTutor at http://junior.apk.net/~jbarta/
            to be very usable (although somewhat flamboyant :).

            What web browser do you use ?

            Have fun, Len

            Leonard O. Hargrove, Jr.
            Avionics Systems Engineer