[NTB] Re: Font changes

  • DiggerToo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2000
      The font displayed in the browser.
    • Raymond Fitzgerald
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2000
        Hi Jay,

        >The font displayed in the browser.

        I bet you're pretty much on your way what with Jody's reply and I see you
        found some neat sites too. If I could add a little, it'd be:

        Try to avoid absolute font sizes (<font size=5>), as I understand they
        override user preferences. I've never found any need to use them. Use
        relative instead (<font size="+2").

        Plus one and minus one are easily written as <big> and <small>.

        For headings, don't forget <h1> through <h6>.

        <b> and <i>, of course, to bold and italicize (not necessary to bold text
        inside a <th>). Unless you're a purist who prefers to use the logical
        elements <strong> and <em> instead, which usually render the same on modern
        browsers as the physical counterparts.

        Try not to use <u>, because users normally expect underlined text to be a
        link. I just make it a policy to always avoid it. Actually, <u> is
        deprecated. Guess its replacement is a style sheet spec. For that matter,

        Font face could be something like <font face=arial> or <font face="Arial,
        Helvetica">, where Helvetica would be used if Arial weren't available.

        Time to snooze! Hope this helps a little.
        Ray