[NTB] Re: Font changes

  • Raymond Fitzgerald
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2000
      Hi Jay,

      >I still don't know how change fonts in
      >documents created for a web page.

      Do you mean the font displayed in NTB's main window or the font displayed by
      your browser?

      Ray
    • DiggerToo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2000
        The font displayed in the browser.
      • Raymond Fitzgerald
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2000
          Hi Jay,

          >The font displayed in the browser.

          I bet you're pretty much on your way what with Jody's reply and I see you
          found some neat sites too. If I could add a little, it'd be:

          Try to avoid absolute font sizes (<font size=5>), as I understand they
          override user preferences. I've never found any need to use them. Use
          relative instead (<font size="+2").

          Plus one and minus one are easily written as <big> and <small>.

          For headings, don't forget <h1> through <h6>.

          <b> and <i>, of course, to bold and italicize (not necessary to bold text
          inside a <th>). Unless you're a purist who prefers to use the logical
          elements <strong> and <em> instead, which usually render the same on modern
          browsers as the physical counterparts.

          Try not to use <u>, because users normally expect underlined text to be a
          link. I just make it a policy to always avoid it. Actually, <u> is
          deprecated. Guess its replacement is a style sheet spec. For that matter,

          Font face could be something like <font face=arial> or <font face="Arial,
          Helvetica">, where Helvetica would be used if Arial weren't available.

          Time to snooze! Hope this helps a little.
          Ray