[NTB] Replacement and Y2K info

  • Marco Bernardini
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2000
      >Martin wrote:
      >I recently wanted to add two letters <snip>

      You can also replace tabs using ^T and page breaks using ^B
      The ^T is very useful if you need to move files to/from spreadsheets.

      >Grandma Kay wrote:
      >My Win98 say interpret dates as between 1930 & 2029 so it
      >may not matter but I changed to yyyy anyway :)

      Really? My Win95b has 1980-2099 limits.
      Someone in Neaples suggests to set the year on 1972: the last leap year
      starting on saturday.
      I don't have problems with our Italian phone lines, except a $75/month
      bill, of course :-)
      Maybe yesternight there was an uncommon traffic, but at 11.30 PM and 2.30
      AM lines were good.
      This morning there was a wonderful "January 1, 100", at
      http://www.alpha.digital.com: maybe the javascript used wasn't carefully
      tested, or Alphas are so fast that time is compressed because of the
      Relativity law <g>.
      I experienced the first "year bug" in 1992, on Olivetti M24s (AT&T 6400):
      they refused to go ahead and the date must be set manually.
      Who needs a 1992 C source to force the date on old dirty irons mail me.

      Have a nice year!

      Marco Bernardini
      webmaster of
      http://www.taggiasca.com