[NTB] Re: Install Failing On New Computer

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 10, 1999
      Hi Jim,

      At 07:19 AM 12/10/1999 -0500, you wrote:
      >Hi,
      >I got a new computer. I upgraded to Notetab Pro 4.6 on my old computer before
      >hand. I took the floppy with the install program on it and tried to
      install on
      >the new computer. The installation failed because it said it couldn't find a
      >file called "efomacro.dll." I got the file and put it in my path. I tried to
      >install again. This time it just said it failed and gave me no reason why it
      >failed. What should I do to get Notetab Pro working on my new computer?
      >Jim

      You must do more than place this file in your path. It must be in one or
      the other of two possible places. (1) Place it in the home folder you set
      up for NoteTab or (2) place it in the Windows\System folder or the WinNT
      equivalent. If you place it anywhere else it will fail even if it is in
      your path.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 10, 1999
        Hi Larry,

        Thanks Larry - I was more determined to get the file uploaded once
        and for all than I was to read the whole post. I have been
        meaning to upload the file some 5 eMailings ago of it.

        >> I got the file and put it in my path.

        > You must do more than place this file in your path. It must be
        > in one or the other of two possible places. (1) Place it in
        > the home folder you set up for NoteTab or (2) place it in the
        > Windows\System folder or the WinNT equivalent. If you place it
        > anywhere else it will fail even if it is in your path.

        If needed can be downloaded at:

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/efomacro.zip

        The two most common elements in the
        universe are hydrogen and stupidity.