[NTB] Re: Install Failing On New Computer

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 10, 1999
      Hi James,

      > I got a new computer. I upgraded to Notetab Pro 4.6 on my old
      > computer before hand. I took the floppy with the install
      > program on it and tried to install on the new computer. The
      > installation failed because it said it couldn't find a file
      > called "efomacro.dll."

      You can download the file at:

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/efomacro.zip

      I tried to contact you the other day, but your address did not
      work.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 10, 1999
        Hi Jim,

        At 07:19 AM 12/10/1999 -0500, you wrote:
        >Hi,
        >I got a new computer. I upgraded to Notetab Pro 4.6 on my old computer before
        >hand. I took the floppy with the install program on it and tried to
        install on
        >the new computer. The installation failed because it said it couldn't find a
        >file called "efomacro.dll." I got the file and put it in my path. I tried to
        >install again. This time it just said it failed and gave me no reason why it
        >failed. What should I do to get Notetab Pro working on my new computer?
        >Jim

        You must do more than place this file in your path. It must be in one or
        the other of two possible places. (1) Place it in the home folder you set
        up for NoteTab or (2) place it in the Windows\System folder or the WinNT
        equivalent. If you place it anywhere else it will fail even if it is in
        your path.

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 10, 1999
          Hi Larry,

          Thanks Larry - I was more determined to get the file uploaded once
          and for all than I was to read the whole post. I have been
          meaning to upload the file some 5 eMailings ago of it.

          >> I got the file and put it in my path.

          > You must do more than place this file in your path. It must be
          > in one or the other of two possible places. (1) Place it in
          > the home folder you set up for NoteTab or (2) place it in the
          > Windows\System folder or the WinNT equivalent. If you place it
          > anywhere else it will fail even if it is in your path.

          If needed can be downloaded at:

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/efomacro.zip

          The two most common elements in the
          universe are hydrogen and stupidity.