[NTB] Install Failing On New Computer

  • james.homme@highmark.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 10, 1999
      Hi,
      I got a new computer. I upgraded to Notetab Pro 4.6 on my old computer before
      hand. I took the floppy with the install program on it and tried to install on
      the new computer. The installation failed because it said it couldn't find a
      file called "efomacro.dll." I got the file and put it in my path. I tried to
      install again. This time it just said it failed and gave me no reason why it
      failed. What should I do to get Notetab Pro working on my new computer?
      Jim
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 10, 1999
        Hi James,

        > I got a new computer. I upgraded to Notetab Pro 4.6 on my old
        > computer before hand. I took the floppy with the install
        > program on it and tried to install on the new computer. The
        > installation failed because it said it couldn't find a file
        > called "efomacro.dll."

        You can download the file at:

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/efomacro.zip

        I tried to contact you the other day, but your address did not
        work.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 10, 1999
          Hi Jim,

          At 07:19 AM 12/10/1999 -0500, you wrote:
          >Hi,
          >I got a new computer. I upgraded to Notetab Pro 4.6 on my old computer before
          >hand. I took the floppy with the install program on it and tried to
          install on
          >the new computer. The installation failed because it said it couldn't find a
          >file called "efomacro.dll." I got the file and put it in my path. I tried to
          >install again. This time it just said it failed and gave me no reason why it
          >failed. What should I do to get Notetab Pro working on my new computer?
          >Jim

          You must do more than place this file in your path. It must be in one or
          the other of two possible places. (1) Place it in the home folder you set
          up for NoteTab or (2) place it in the Windows\System folder or the WinNT
          equivalent. If you place it anywhere else it will fail even if it is in
          your path.

          Regards,

          Larry
          larryt@...
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 10, 1999
            Hi Larry,

            Thanks Larry - I was more determined to get the file uploaded once
            and for all than I was to read the whole post. I have been
            meaning to upload the file some 5 eMailings ago of it.

            >> I got the file and put it in my path.

            > You must do more than place this file in your path. It must be
            > in one or the other of two possible places. (1) Place it in
            > the home folder you set up for NoteTab or (2) place it in the
            > Windows\System folder or the WinNT equivalent. If you place it
            > anywhere else it will fail even if it is in your path.

            If needed can be downloaded at:

            http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/efomacro.zip

            The two most common elements in the
            universe are hydrogen and stupidity.