[NTB] Re: join every 2 lines

  • Chuck Sinclair
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
      What's the clips list?

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Jody [mailto:KJB1611@...]
      Sent: Thursday, December 09, 1999 8:31 PM
      To: notetab@egroups.com
      Subject: [NTB] Re: join every 2 lines

      Hi Hubert,

      > I'd like to be able to select let's say 100 lines and use some
      > command or clip to join every 2 lines together.

      If nobody answered your mail yet could you please post
      yourquestion on the Clips list since it will require a Clip.
      Thanks!

      Happy Clip'n!
      Jody

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Clip List...
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...

      Gator fills in forms and remembers passwords with NO TYPING at over
      100,000 web sites! Get $100 in coupons for trying Gator!
      http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/2092

      -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/notetab/?m=1
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
        Hi Larry,

        >>> I'd like to be able to select let's say 100 lines and use some
        >>> command or clip to join every 2 lines together.

        > I do not believe you need a clip for this. Select your text
        > then press Shift+Ctrl+M which berings up the "Reformat Lines"
        > dialog. Now look at the text width setting and double it and
        > press ok. That should do the trick.

        Perhaps I do not understand him, but it appears he wants to join
        2 lines, then the next two, then the next 2... Reformat Lines
        joins *all* lines unless there is a blank link between them.

        In other words the 3 lines above would be made 2 lines, the first
        two joined, but not the third to them. Reformat would join all
        three.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
          Hi Chuck,

          > What's the clips list?

          It is used to post and discuss Clips. It seems that is where
          some of the more advanced NoteTab discussion is as well which is
          good IMO.

          The reason for the NoteTab Clips List is because unless somebody
          uses the scripting language Clips are over their head most the
          time. Clips can generate a lot of posts at times. The Basic
          list stayed at about 200 members for well over a year dues to
          people signing off (for the most part) because of all the "techie
          talk." When we started the Clips list and disallowed clips on
          the Basic list it grew tremendously. In about a years time now
          (I guess) we are over 500 members on the Basic list. There are
          those on the Clips list though that do not understand the coding,
          but they like to get all the great power Clips that go through
          and tips from some of our more advanced users.

          You can sign on it by clicking trhe subscribe link below and then
          send the post.

          Happy Clip'n!
          Jody

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Clip List...
          mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
        • Larry Thomas
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
            At 10:54 PM 12/9/1999 -0600, you wrote:
            >Hi Larry,
            >
            >Perhaps I do not understand him, but it appears he wants to join
            >2 lines, then the next two, then the next 2... Reformat Lines
            >joins *all* lines unless there is a blank link between them.
            >
            >In other words the 3 lines above would be made 2 lines, the first
            >two joined, but not the third to them. Reformat would join all
            >three.

            Ok. I see the point ê¿ê

            Regards,

            Larry
            larryt@...
          • Chuck Sinclair
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
              Thank You, I just signed up for the list.

[...]

              Accurate impartial advice on everything from laptops to tablesaws.
              http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1701

              -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=notetab&m=1