[NTB] Re: join every 2 lines

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
      Hi Hubert & Jody,

      At 10:30 PM 12/9/1999 -0600, you wrote:
      >Hi Hubert,
      >
      >> I'd like to be able to select let's say 100 lines and use some
      >> command or clip to join every 2 lines together.
      >
      >If nobody answered your mail yet could you please post
      >yourquestion on the Clips list since it will require a Clip.
      >Thanks!
      >
      >Happy Clip'n!
      >Jody

      I do not believe you need a clip for this. Select your text then press
      Shift+Ctrl+M which berings up the "Reformat Lines" dialog. Now look at the
      text width setting and double it and press ok. That should do the trick.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • Chuck Sinclair
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
        What's the clips list?

        > I'd like to be able to select let's say 100 lines and use some
        > command or clip to join every 2 lines together.

        If nobody answered your mail yet could you please post
        yourquestion on the Clips list since it will require a Clip.
        Thanks!

        Happy Clip'n!
        Jody

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Clip List...
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...

        Gator fills in forms and remembers passwords with NO TYPING at over
        100,000 web sites! Get $100 in coupons for trying Gator!
        http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/2092

        -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/notetab/?m=1
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
          Hi Larry,

          >>> I'd like to be able to select let's say 100 lines and use some
          >>> command or clip to join every 2 lines together.

          > I do not believe you need a clip for this. Select your text
          > then press Shift+Ctrl+M which berings up the "Reformat Lines"
          > dialog. Now look at the text width setting and double it and
          > press ok. That should do the trick.

          Perhaps I do not understand him, but it appears he wants to join
          2 lines, then the next two, then the next 2... Reformat Lines
          joins *all* lines unless there is a blank link between them.

          In other words the 3 lines above would be made 2 lines, the first
          two joined, but not the third to them. Reformat would join all
          three.

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
            Hi Chuck,

            > What's the clips list?

            It is used to post and discuss Clips. It seems that is where
            some of the more advanced NoteTab discussion is as well which is
            good IMO.

            The reason for the NoteTab Clips List is because unless somebody
            uses the scripting language Clips are over their head most the
            time. Clips can generate a lot of posts at times. The Basic
            list stayed at about 200 members for well over a year dues to
            people signing off (for the most part) because of all the "techie
            talk." When we started the Clips list and disallowed clips on
            the Basic list it grew tremendously. In about a years time now
            (I guess) we are over 500 members on the Basic list. There are
            those on the Clips list though that do not understand the coding,
            but they like to get all the great power Clips that go through
            and tips from some of our more advanced users.

            You can sign on it by clicking trhe subscribe link below and then
            send the post.

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
              At 10:54 PM 12/9/1999 -0600, you wrote:
              >Hi Larry,
              >
              >Perhaps I do not understand him, but it appears he wants to join
              >2 lines, then the next two, then the next 2... Reformat Lines
              >joins *all* lines unless there is a blank link between them.
              >
              >In other words the 3 lines above would be made 2 lines, the first
              >two joined, but not the third to them. Reformat would join all
              >three.

              Ok. I see the point ê¿ê

              Regards,

              Larry
              larryt@...
            • Chuck Sinclair
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
                Thank You, I just signed up for the list.

[...]

                Accurate impartial advice on everything from laptops to tablesaws.
                http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1701

                -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=notetab&m=1