[NTB] Re: join every 2 lines

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
      Hi Hubert,

      > I'd like to be able to select let's say 100 lines and use some
      > command or clip to join every 2 lines together.

      If nobody answered your mail yet could you please post
      yourquestion on the Clips list since it will require a Clip.
      Thanks!

      Happy Clip'n!
      Jody

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Clip List...
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
        Hi Hubert & Jody,

        At 10:30 PM 12/9/1999 -0600, you wrote:
        >Hi Hubert,
        >
        >> I'd like to be able to select let's say 100 lines and use some
        >> command or clip to join every 2 lines together.
        >
        >If nobody answered your mail yet could you please post
        >yourquestion on the Clips list since it will require a Clip.
        >Thanks!
        >
        >Happy Clip'n!
        >Jody

        I do not believe you need a clip for this. Select your text then press
        Shift+Ctrl+M which berings up the "Reformat Lines" dialog. Now look at the
        text width setting and double it and press ok. That should do the trick.

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...
      • Chuck Sinclair
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
          What's the clips list?

          > I'd like to be able to select let's say 100 lines and use some
          > command or clip to join every 2 lines together.

          If nobody answered your mail yet could you please post
          yourquestion on the Clips list since it will require a Clip.
          Thanks!

          Happy Clip'n!
          Jody

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Clip List...
          mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...

          Gator fills in forms and remembers passwords with NO TYPING at over
          100,000 web sites! Get $100 in coupons for trying Gator!
          http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/2092

          -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/notetab/?m=1
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
            Hi Larry,

            >>> I'd like to be able to select let's say 100 lines and use some
            >>> command or clip to join every 2 lines together.

            > I do not believe you need a clip for this. Select your text
            > then press Shift+Ctrl+M which berings up the "Reformat Lines"
            > dialog. Now look at the text width setting and double it and
            > press ok. That should do the trick.

            Perhaps I do not understand him, but it appears he wants to join
            2 lines, then the next two, then the next 2... Reformat Lines
            joins *all* lines unless there is a blank link between them.

            In other words the 3 lines above would be made 2 lines, the first
            two joined, but not the third to them. Reformat would join all
            three.

            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

            The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
            mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
              Hi Chuck,

              > What's the clips list?

              It is used to post and discuss Clips. It seems that is where
              some of the more advanced NoteTab discussion is as well which is
              good IMO.

              The reason for the NoteTab Clips List is because unless somebody
              uses the scripting language Clips are over their head most the
              time. Clips can generate a lot of posts at times. The Basic
              list stayed at about 200 members for well over a year dues to
              people signing off (for the most part) because of all the "techie
              talk." When we started the Clips list and disallowed clips on
              the Basic list it grew tremendously. In about a years time now
              (I guess) we are over 500 members on the Basic list. There are
              those on the Clips list though that do not understand the coding,
              but they like to get all the great power Clips that go through
              and tips from some of our more advanced users.

              You can sign on it by clicking trhe subscribe link below and then
              send the post.

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
                At 10:54 PM 12/9/1999 -0600, you wrote:
                >Hi Larry,
                >
                >Perhaps I do not understand him, but it appears he wants to join
                >2 lines, then the next two, then the next 2... Reformat Lines
                >joins *all* lines unless there is a blank link between them.
                >
                >In other words the 3 lines above would be made 2 lines, the first
                >two joined, but not the third to them. Reformat would join all
                >three.

                Ok. I see the point ê¿ê

                Regards,

                Larry
                larryt@...
              • Chuck Sinclair
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
                  Thank You, I just signed up for the list.

[...]

                  Accurate impartial advice on everything from laptops to tablesaws.
                  http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1701

                  -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=notetab&m=1