[NTB] join every 2 lines

  • DOLEGA Hubert [PL]
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
      Hello group !

      I'm using NTP for 10 days by now so
      sorry if it's a dummy question.

      I'd like to be able to select let's
      say 100 lines and use some command or clip
      to join every 2 lines together.

      I'm rather sure it's possible, the question is how ???

      TIA,

      Hubert Arkadiusz Dolega
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
        Hi Hubert,

        > I'd like to be able to select let's say 100 lines and use some
        > command or clip to join every 2 lines together.

        If nobody answered your mail yet could you please post
        yourquestion on the Clips list since it will require a Clip.
        Thanks!

        Happy Clip'n!
        Jody

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Clip List...
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
          Hi Hubert & Jody,

          At 10:30 PM 12/9/1999 -0600, you wrote:
          >Hi Hubert,
          >
          >> I'd like to be able to select let's say 100 lines and use some
          >> command or clip to join every 2 lines together.
          >
          >If nobody answered your mail yet could you please post
          >yourquestion on the Clips list since it will require a Clip.
          >Thanks!
          >
          >Happy Clip'n!
          >Jody

          I do not believe you need a clip for this. Select your text then press
          Shift+Ctrl+M which berings up the "Reformat Lines" dialog. Now look at the
          text width setting and double it and press ok. That should do the trick.

          Regards,

          Larry
          larryt@...
        • Chuck Sinclair
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
            What's the clips list?

            > I'd like to be able to select let's say 100 lines and use some
            > command or clip to join every 2 lines together.

            If nobody answered your mail yet could you please post
            yourquestion on the Clips list since it will require a Clip.
            Thanks!

            Happy Clip'n!
            Jody

            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

            The NoteTab Clip List...
            mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...

            Gator fills in forms and remembers passwords with NO TYPING at over
            100,000 web sites! Get $100 in coupons for trying Gator!
            http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/2092

            -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/notetab/?m=1
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
              Hi Larry,

              >>> I'd like to be able to select let's say 100 lines and use some
              >>> command or clip to join every 2 lines together.

              > I do not believe you need a clip for this. Select your text
              > then press Shift+Ctrl+M which berings up the "Reformat Lines"
              > dialog. Now look at the text width setting and double it and
              > press ok. That should do the trick.

              Perhaps I do not understand him, but it appears he wants to join
              2 lines, then the next two, then the next 2... Reformat Lines
              joins *all* lines unless there is a blank link between them.

              In other words the 3 lines above would be made 2 lines, the first
              two joined, but not the third to them. Reformat would join all
              three.

              http://www.sureword.com/notetab

              The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
              mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
                Hi Chuck,

                > What's the clips list?

                It is used to post and discuss Clips. It seems that is where
                some of the more advanced NoteTab discussion is as well which is
                good IMO.

                The reason for the NoteTab Clips List is because unless somebody
                uses the scripting language Clips are over their head most the
                time. Clips can generate a lot of posts at times. The Basic
                list stayed at about 200 members for well over a year dues to
                people signing off (for the most part) because of all the "techie
                talk." When we started the Clips list and disallowed clips on
                the Basic list it grew tremendously. In about a years time now
                (I guess) we are over 500 members on the Basic list. There are
                those on the Clips list though that do not understand the coding,
                but they like to get all the great power Clips that go through
                and tips from some of our more advanced users.

                You can sign on it by clicking trhe subscribe link below and then
                send the post.

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
                  At 10:54 PM 12/9/1999 -0600, you wrote:
                  >Hi Larry,
                  >
                  >Perhaps I do not understand him, but it appears he wants to join
                  >2 lines, then the next two, then the next 2... Reformat Lines
                  >joins *all* lines unless there is a blank link between them.
                  >
                  >In other words the 3 lines above would be made 2 lines, the first
                  >two joined, but not the third to them. Reformat would join all
                  >three.

                  Ok. I see the point ê¿ê

                  Regards,

                  Larry
                  larryt@...
                • Chuck Sinclair
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 9, 1999
                    Thank You, I just signed up for the list.

[...]

                    Accurate impartial advice on everything from laptops to tablesaws.
                    http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1701

                    -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=notetab&m=1