[NTB] Viewing html files in browser from NP

  • Eric Johnson
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 8, 1999
      Hello,

      I am new to this group, and I have a small problem that I didn't have
      before using Notepad Pro (v. 4.0). When I want to view a web page I'm
      working on in NP it spawns a new browser every time I want to view any
      change in my html file. Thus, if I check my work 10 times in a half hour I
      have to close Netscape 10 times!

      This never happened to me before, and I've tried all the options to see if
      I can stop this from happening. It would save me a lot of time if I could
      turn that off. Maybe it is caused by a setting in Netscape,?

      Can anyone help?

      Eric Johnson
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 8, 1999
        Hi Kay & Eric,

        >> I am new to this group, and I have a small problem that I
        >> didn't have before using Notepad Pro (v. 4.0). When I want to
        >> view a web page I'm working on in NP it spawns a new browser
        >> every time I want to view any change in my html file

        You can get a free upgrade to version 4.6a at:

        http://www.notetab.com/update.htm

        > In your NoteTab ini
        > NewBrowserWindow=1 new window on
        > NewBrowserWindow=0 new window off

        I saw that posted before and did not get around to asking about
        it. What's the 5 W's on that? ;)

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 8, 1999
          Hi Kay,

          >> What's the 5 W's on that? ;)
          >
          > 5 W's ????? I feel like I should answer but can't figure out
          > the question :o

          Has it been that long since you were in grammer school,,, Grandma? ;)

          Who, What, When, Where, and Why = the 5 W's.

          Re: NewBrowserWindow=

          I don't know of any Options setting for it.
          I can't find anything in Help for it.
          I suspect it was mentioned along the way in a Whatsnew file, but I
          missed it.

          So, where did IT come from and about when?

          Thanks!
          Jody

          Clean-Funnies: click and send...
          mailto:CF@...?subject=Subscribe
        • Kay Roath
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 8, 1999
            12/08/1999 1:07 PM Eric Johnson wrote
            > I am new to this group, and I have a small problem that I didn't have
            > before using Notepad Pro (v. 4.0). When I want to view a web page I'm
            > working on in NP it spawns a new browser every time I want to view any
            > change in my html file

            In your NoteTab ini
            NewBrowserWindow=1 new window on
            NewBrowserWindow=0 new window off

            When you edit your NoteTab ini, you need to save it with ! as the first
            chr - !NotePro.ini or ! NoteTab.ini & the change won't take effect until
            you restart NoteTab.

            --- Grandma Kay ---
          • Kay Roath
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 8, 1999
              12/08/1999 4:33 PM Jody wrote

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 8, 1999
                Hi Kay,

                >>> NewBrowserWindow=

                > Seems like it's always been there. Might have been around the
                > first 4.0 betas??? There's never been an Option setting for
                > it.

                About every three months or so somebody seems to find something
                that is not normally well known or readily found somewhere.
                Thanks for the reply.

                cya,
                Jody

                If'n u right me bak, rite reel slow,
                cuz this hillbille don't reed reel fast!

                Sojourners of the Lord
                http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
                Clean-Funnies Mailing List
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 8, 1999
                  12/08/1999 6:08 PM Jody wrote
                  >> NewBrowserWindow=
                  > Has it been that long since you were in grammer school,,, Grandma? ;)
                  > Who, What, When, Where, and Why = the 5 W's

                  YES!

                • RScotte@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 10, 1999
                    when I learned the 5W's in school it was in this memory verse by Rudyard
                    Kipling.
                    It might be a help to others.

                    " I had SIX honest serving men
                    They taught me all I knew