[NTB] Re: Help, please...

  • Raymond Fitzgerald
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 23, 1999
      Hi all,

      >NoteTab Lite, Std, and Pro all update the ini file when they are shut down.
      Great explanation Larry! Thanks.

      Just wanted to mention that I've been happily using Jody's "Edit Ini File"
      and "Save:As Ini file" clips for the longest time. The first opens the file
      after giving you option of specifying a section to jump to. The second does
      all the closing and saving work for you, even asking if you want to
      immediately reopen NTB.

      Where are they on Jody's site? Beats me! Jody?

      Cheers,
      Ray
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 23, 1999
        Hi Carl,

        > PROBLEM: Whenever she wants to Save a new file, she gets the
        > Red Dot error screen which says: "C:\Program Files\Documents is
        > not accessible. It has been moved or removed." Her Documents
        > folder is actually located at C:\Program Files\ NoteTab
        > Pro\Documents and has never been located at the former
        > location.

        I read through the posts and did not see anybody mention to go
        into Options under the File Tab and browse to the directory she
        wants as default, so I just said it. ;)

        nite...

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      • Carl Swann
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 24, 1999
          Jody wrote: (regarding setting a default directory for saving files)

          > Hi Carl,
          >
          > go
          > into Options under the File Tab and browse to the directory she
          > wants as default,

          Well, duh on me! That's what can happen when you have a program that
          is *so feature-laden* as NoteTab... sometimes the simplest answer is
          right where I should've looked in the first place! Thanks to all for
          your input and assistance!

          oOOo-(_)-oOOo
        • djust@netvision.net.il
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 24, 1999
            Jody's just a spoilsport. Do it the hard way, like we told you. It
            won't work any better, but think of how virtuous you'll feel
            afterwards.

            > Well, duh on me! That's what can happen when you have a program that
            > is *so feature-laden* as NoteTab... sometimes the simplest answer is
            > right where I should've looked in the first place! Thanks to all for
            > your input and assistance!

            Thanks,
            David.
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 24, 1999
              Hi David,

              > Jody's just a spoilsport. Do it the hard way, like we told
              > you. It won't work any better, but think of how virtuous
              > you'll feel afterwards.

              It was just my turn to "get even." :) At times I will send in a
              method to do something that is fairly deep only to find somebody
              answers and says, "I'm a newbie; just downloaded today. Can't
              you just ... (a click or two)? What am I missing." I "hate it"
              when that happens! <g>

              I must agree with you though David - some things are so much fun
              that I just don't want to do it the easy way. A lot of us are so
              use to making NoteTab do things in scripts that we forget some of
              it is already programmed in for us as features.

              c ya,
              Jody

              The whole world doth err save you
              and me and even thou doest err some!