[NTB] Re: ACCESS VIOLATION

  • Claes Gauffin
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 12, 1999
      Hi Ed

      At 03:31 1999-11-12 -0800, you wrote:
      > I'm doing
      >a lot of side-by-side editing of HTML files, but because of this error
      >and another one, "Abstract Error," I have to reboot NoteTabPro
      >frequently. Is someone working on a fix for this?

      I certainly hope so as I am also quite used to side by side editing. Until
      there is a fix, I make do with checking "Allow Multiple Instances" in
      View/Options/General, and run two or more instances.

      Regards /Claes
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 12, 1999
        Hi Ed,

        > I was a very happy NoteTabber until this problem cropped up.
        > I'm doing a lot of side-by-side editing of HTML files, but
        > because of this error and another one, "Abstract Error," I have
        > to reboot NoteTabPro frequently. Is someone working on a fix
        > for this?

        Hopefully, you will be "a very happy NoteTabber" again in a few
        months when a maintenenance release comes out. Eric should start
        working on it very soon. Please tell though, was it working fine
        in Second Window with your current install and then just
        mysteriously started happenning?

        Proverbs 15:15
        See ya in the funnies!

        mailto:CF@...?Subject=subscribe
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 12, 1999
          Hi Cat & All,

          > Happens when you use two windows. Maddening but that's what does
          > it. With any luck it will be fixed in the update.

          It ***will*** be fixed next update, else I quit! ;) Eric is
          packaging up the commercial version of Album Express now and fixing
          the web pages up for it a bit. After that, and I suspect a few days
          off to calm his nerves and get some sleep <g> he is suppose to
          resume work on NoteTab.

          Happy Album Mak'n!
          -jody

          http://www.sureword.com/album

          The Album Express List...
          mailto:Album-Express-Subscribe@...
        • Raymond Fitzgerald
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 12, 1999
            Hi Ed,

            >I'm doing a lot of side-by-side editing of HTML files, but because of this
            error and another one, "Abstract Error," I have to reboot NoteTabPro
            frequently.

            I used to do some too until this second window discrepancy cropped up. Been
            living with it since and just switching between tabs. But your post reminded
            me of a simple workaround that frankly I hadn't thought of until now. That
            is, allow multiple instances (general tab of View|Options). Then open a
            different document in each instance, resize NTB as desired, and away you go!

            Cheers,
            Ray
          • Kay Roath
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 12, 1999
              11/12/1999 3:31 AM ed.mcclelland@... wrote

              > I was a very happy NoteTabber until this problem cropped up. I'm doing
              > a lot of side-by-side editing of HTML files, but because of this error
              > and another one, "Abstract Error," I have to reboot NoteTabPro
              > frequently. Is someone working on a fix for this?

              I haven't used it for awhile & my memory isn't what it used to be :)
              It hit me when trying to close or save more than one file after using
              a 2nd window. I'm reasonably certain that I was able to continue
              saving files by doing another 2nd window & one file without losing
              any work. I don't remember having any trouble with anything else
              other than the one file at a time thing & seems like I was able to
              keep going without ctrl+alt NoteTab until ready to shut down & go to
              bed. I never had any trouble on my Win95 machine but went to Win98
              about the same time as 4.6. My guess would be that it's Win98
              causing the problem & the fix might be difficult :(

              --- Grandma Kay ---
            • Raymond Fitzgerald
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 12, 1999
                Funny--this never posted. Try again: