[NTB] Wish List

  • Marco Bernardini
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 1999
      Working on whole sites sometimes I need to search (and replace) thousands
      of strings on a bunch of pages.

      A powerful tool can be an "exclude from search", just like the minus on
      AltaVista. For example, if I look for "img src", I'd like to exclude "img
      src="/images/"

      I know this can be done using "regular expressions", as explained in Perl
      manual, but a note in Perl manual say also "The three principle virtues of
      a programmer are Laziness, Impatience, and Hubris" :-)
      So, an input box to exclude strings can really be helpful.

      A nasty trick for lazy writers is to replace every "string1" with
      "string1+string2", then replace "string2+string2" with a single "string2".
      It works almost fine.

      Happy typing!

      Marco Bernardini
      webmaster at http://www.taggiasca.com

      | Disclaimer:
      | Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my mother-in-law
    • Grey Cat
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 11 5:39 PM
        Having FINALLY gotten a working copy of Windows 98 running on my machine,
        gotten the Zoom instillation program quit asking me to delete a driver in
        "other" systems--WHICH ISN'T THERE!!!!, and so on, my wish list for all
        Windows 9x (and no doubt 200x) is that in the program folder there is a nice
        little icon which re-registers the app with Windows!

        No digging out the disk, or the downloaded file and sitting there
        completely reinstalling app after app until the machine is finally ready for
        work!!

        Grey Cat
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 11 7:35 PM
          Hi Grey,

          > Having FINALLY gotten a working copy of Windows 98 running on
          > my machine, gotten the Zoom instillation program quit asking me
          > to delete a driver in "other" systems--WHICH ISN'T THERE!!!!,
          > and so on, my wish list for all Windows 9x (and no doubt 200x)
          > is that in the program folder there is a nice little icon which
          > re-registers the app with Windows!

          NoteTab has a utility now to register itself called "Add to App
          Paths" found in the Utility Library. If you do not have it there
          update if you wish. You really do not need to run it though
          unless you messed up the associations and cannot get them fixed
          by normal procedures link Add/Remove in NoteTab's Associations.
          It won't hurt anything to add it though if you would just like to
          do it for grins. (I don't know about Win2000 though.)

          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\

          http://www.notetab.com/update.htm

          I'm still waiting on ^!BrewCoffee ;)

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List