[NTB] Clip icons

  • mmotek@uvic.ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 1999
      I recently installed NotePad Light (v4.6a) and have been creating a
      clip library for myself. I have successfully generated many clips but
      some of them aren't working correctly. The ones that aren't have a .
      (dot) icon beside them (the problem with them is that they are not
      substituting the variables I have defined). The clips with an !
      (exclamation point) beside them work the way I want.

      I have two questions:
      1. Can someone point me to the documentation that explains the various
      icons used to prefix the clip names and the meaning of them. If there
      isn't such a beast could you post a description of the ones you know.
      2. How do I change a clip from one type to another (eg: I want to
      convert some of my clips that have a "." icon to work the same way that
      the "!" ones do).

      Thanks very much
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 1999
        Hi mmotek,

        > 2. How do I change a clip from one type to another (eg: I want
        > to convert some of my clips that have a "." icon to work the
        > same way that the "!" ones do).

        From Help:
        "Show Clip Icons: Set this option to display little icons next to
        wrappable or executable Clip items."

        You cannot change the icons yourself. It depends on what type of
        Clip code is in the Clip for what icon is displayed.

        A circle icon means text will be pasted into the focused document.
        A plus sign means it has code in the Clip to wrap text with.
        An exclamation mark means it has commands in it which may or may
        not have code to wrap text.

        If you would like us to look at some of your Clips that are not
        working, please sign up for the Clips list and post them there.
        See below..

        Happy Clip'n!
        Jody

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab