[NTB] Re: Gold version

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 1999
      Hi Kay,

      >> Fully programmable syntax highlighting is plan for the Gold
      >> version.
      >
      > Are we sure that syntax highlighting will be fully programmable?

      If Eric is sure, we are. :)

      NoteTab News
      ============

      We will shortly resume work on our award-winning NoteTab text and
      HTML editors after finishing up two new products. We initially
      plan to release a minor update of NoteTab Pro and NoteTab
      Std/Light, which will be a free upgrade to all registered users
      of version 4.0 and higher. After that, we have plans to develop
      a new package, NoteTab Gold. Some of the planned features
      include fully customizable syntax highlighting, more
      sophisticated regular expressions, multilevel outlines (tree-view
      list), print preview, etc. Version 5.0 of NoteTab Pro and
      NoteTab Std/Light will be in the works after the release of
      NoteTab Gold.

      <snip>

      Sincerely,
      Eric G.V. Fookes

      > I've switched computers & lost the demo for the source that I
      > think is going to be the base for Gold but seems like it only
      > had several pre-defined syntax highlighting options. Anyone
      > still have the url for the demo?

      I don't, but NoteTab the way we know it has many work arounds to
      give us the features that we have. That is one of the reasons
      Eric why won't port to Linux. So, even if that program we played
      with that has the same input control he was thinking about (or
      may use already) is not fully customizable perhaps Eric had plans
      to make it that way.

      > Does anyone else wish that text inside single/double quotes in
      > a <> line would display using the text rather than the tags
      > color with the current HTML highlighting?

      If you mean <this is highlighted in a .txt file>, it isn't unless
      you add it to HTML Files to support it as HTML - unless I am
      missing something else. (Two hours sleep last night and have two
      strikes on the list today - one more and I'm out of here. :)
    • Grant
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 5, 1999
        > Does anyone else wish that text inside single/double quotes
        > in a <> line would display using the text rather than the tags
        > color with the current HTML highlighting?

        Yep that would be great and would certainly make it easier to see attribute,
        value pairs within html/xml tags. Better still would be to colour the quoted
        value red or something to differentiate it from normal text.
      • Manuel
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 5, 1999
          I don't remember How do I to insert a page break with the keyboard?

          In menu: Document > Insert Page Break
          --
          Manuel, from Spain
          manumail@...
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 5, 1999
            doddj@... wrote:

            >Hi there,
            >
            >I've just bought NoteTab Pro 4.6.0, and I love it to bits already.
            >
            >I am going to use NoteTab as the editor for Java files, but can't
            >find a clipbook that colours the source (e.g. green for comments,
            >blue for reserved words, etc etc).
            >
            >PLEASE tell me there is a clipbook for this?

            Not yet on the highlighting. Currently, we can not control
            highlighting from a clip, and NoteTab's current highlighting
            is limited to HTML documents and the clip editor. So we are
            basically waiting for a future version of NoteTab.

            I DO have a clipbook for compiling and testing java applets
            though. Within the next couple days, I'll post an updated
            version of it to the notetab-clips list.

            --
            Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen