[NTB] Re: Java keyword highlighting?

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 1999
      Hi Clint,

      > If you put a js extention in the HTML files tab in the options
      > dialog it will highlight the text according to what your color
      > options are set to.

      Thanks Clint! I thought about trying that after I sent the post. ;(
      Sure is great to have more heads than one to help us think and
      remember. <g>

      One can also add .txt to it and use it to highlight notes they
      want to put in a file or dim them using html code to wrap the
      text with. It works real nice for things like .txt html help
      files or other help files and you want to highlight things to
      help them stand out more.

      <You can invoke the "In-Context Clipbook" by hitting the ESC key>
      while you work in a document. Doing so will display a combo box
      (filled with the content of the active Clipbook library) at the
      cursor position. Selecting an item from the combo box will then
      paste the Clip text in your document. <Typing in the combo box
      will automatically scroll to the first item matching the
      characters entered.>

      <!-- I snipped half of it out above. -->

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 4, 1999
        Hi Kay,

        >> Fully programmable syntax highlighting is plan for the Gold
        >> version.
        >
        > Are we sure that syntax highlighting will be fully programmable?

        If Eric is sure, we are. :)

        NoteTab News
        ============

        We will shortly resume work on our award-winning NoteTab text and
        HTML editors after finishing up two new products. We initially
        plan to release a minor update of NoteTab Pro and NoteTab
        Std/Light, which will be a free upgrade to all registered users
        of version 4.0 and higher. After that, we have plans to develop
        a new package, NoteTab Gold. Some of the planned features
        include fully customizable syntax highlighting, more
        sophisticated regular expressions, multilevel outlines (tree-view
        list), print preview, etc. Version 5.0 of NoteTab Pro and
        NoteTab Std/Light will be in the works after the release of
        NoteTab Gold.

        <snip>

        Sincerely,
        Eric G.V. Fookes

        > I've switched computers & lost the demo for the source that I
        > think is going to be the base for Gold but seems like it only
        > had several pre-defined syntax highlighting options. Anyone
        > still have the url for the demo?

        I don't, but NoteTab the way we know it has many work arounds to
        give us the features that we have. That is one of the reasons
        Eric why won't port to Linux. So, even if that program we played
        with that has the same input control he was thinking about (or
        may use already) is not fully customizable perhaps Eric had plans
        to make it that way.

        > Does anyone else wish that text inside single/double quotes in
        > a <> line would display using the text rather than the tags
        > color with the current HTML highlighting?

        If you mean <this is highlighted in a .txt file>, it isn't unless
        you add it to HTML Files to support it as HTML - unless I am
        missing something else. (Two hours sleep last night and have two
        strikes on the list today - one more and I'm out of here. :)
      • Kay Roath
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 4, 1999
          11/04/1999 10:24 AM Jody wrote
          > Fully programmable syntax highlighting is plan for the Gold
          > version.

          Are we sure that syntax highlighting will be fully programmable?
          I've switched computers & lost the demo for the source that I
          think is going to be the base for Gold but seems like it only
          had several pre-defined syntax highlighting options. Anyone
          still have the url for the demo?

          Does anyone else wish that text inside single/double quotes
          in a <> line would display using the text rather than the tags
          color with the current HTML highlighting?

          --- Grandma Kay ---
        • Grant
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 5, 1999
            > Does anyone else wish that text inside single/double quotes
            > in a <> line would display using the text rather than the tags
            > color with the current HTML highlighting?

            Yep that would be great and would certainly make it easier to see attribute,
            value pairs within html/xml tags. Better still would be to colour the quoted
            value red or something to differentiate it from normal text.
          • Manuel
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 5, 1999
              I don't remember How do I to insert a page break with the keyboard?

              In menu: Document > Insert Page Break
              --
              Manuel, from Spain
              manumail@...
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 5, 1999
                doddj@... wrote:

                >Hi there,
                >
                >I've just bought NoteTab Pro 4.6.0, and I love it to bits already.
                >
                >I am going to use NoteTab as the editor for Java files, but can't
                >find a clipbook that colours the source (e.g. green for comments,
                >blue for reserved words, etc etc).
                >
                >PLEASE tell me there is a clipbook for this?

                Not yet on the highlighting. Currently, we can not control
                highlighting from a clip, and NoteTab's current highlighting
                is limited to HTML documents and the clip editor. So we are
                basically waiting for a future version of NoteTab.

                I DO have a clipbook for compiling and testing java applets
                though. Within the next couple days, I'll post an updated
                version of it to the notetab-clips list.

                --
                Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen