[NTB] Re: Java keyword highlighting?

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 1999
      Hi James,

      > I am going to use NoteTab as the editor for Java files, but
      > can't find a clipbook that colours the source (e.g. green for
      > comments, blue for reserved words, etc etc).
      >
      > PLEASE tell me there is a clipbook for this?

      Sorry, but there is not a Clipbook for that. Some of the code is
      highlighted, but it must be in a file with a .htm or .html
      extention - .js will not highlight. You can change the colors
      for what is highlighted under the Colors Tab in Options.

      Fully programmable syntax highlighting is plan for the Gold
      version. I relly cannot say when that will be done - hopefully
      withing a year though. Eric normally gives a limited time
      upgrade offer for registered versions, but I cannot answer for
      him if he will for the Gold.

      > | Disclaimer:
      > | Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employers

      <vbg>

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
    • Clint Tredway
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 4, 1999
        If you put a js extention in the HTML files tab in the options dialog it
        will highlight the text according to what your color options are set to.

        > I am going to use NoteTab as the editor for Java files, but
        > can't find a clipbook that colours the source (e.g. green for
        > comments, blue for reserved words, etc etc).
        >
        > PLEASE tell me there is a clipbook for this?

        Sorry, but there is not a Clipbook for that. Some of the code is
        highlighted, but it must be in a file with a .htm or .html
        extention - .js will not highlight. You can change the colors
        for what is highlighted under the Colors Tab in Options.

        Fully programmable syntax highlighting is plan for the Gold
        version. I relly cannot say when that will be done - hopefully
        withing a year though. Eric normally gives a limited time
        upgrade offer for registered versions, but I cannot answer for
        him if he will for the Gold.

        > | Disclaimer:
        > | Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employers

        <vbg>

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...

        -- 20 megs of disk space in your eGroup's Document Vault
        -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/notetab/?m=1
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 4, 1999
          Hi Clint,

          > If you put a js extention in the HTML files tab in the options
          > dialog it will highlight the text according to what your color
          > options are set to.

          Thanks Clint! I thought about trying that after I sent the post. ;(
          Sure is great to have more heads than one to help us think and
          remember. <g>

          One can also add .txt to it and use it to highlight notes they
          want to put in a file or dim them using html code to wrap the
          text with. It works real nice for things like .txt html help
          files or other help files and you want to highlight things to
          help them stand out more.

          <You can invoke the "In-Context Clipbook" by hitting the ESC key>
          while you work in a document. Doing so will display a combo box
          (filled with the content of the active Clipbook library) at the
          cursor position. Selecting an item from the combo box will then
          paste the Clip text in your document. <Typing in the combo box
          will automatically scroll to the first item matching the
          characters entered.>

          <!-- I snipped half of it out above. -->

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 4, 1999
            Hi Kay,

            >> Fully programmable syntax highlighting is plan for the Gold
            >> version.
            >
            > Are we sure that syntax highlighting will be fully programmable?

            If Eric is sure, we are. :)

            NoteTab News
            ============

            We will shortly resume work on our award-winning NoteTab text and
            HTML editors after finishing up two new products. We initially
            plan to release a minor update of NoteTab Pro and NoteTab
            Std/Light, which will be a free upgrade to all registered users
            of version 4.0 and higher. After that, we have plans to develop
            a new package, NoteTab Gold. Some of the planned features
            include fully customizable syntax highlighting, more
            sophisticated regular expressions, multilevel outlines (tree-view
            list), print preview, etc. Version 5.0 of NoteTab Pro and
            NoteTab Std/Light will be in the works after the release of
            NoteTab Gold.

            <snip>

            Sincerely,
            Eric G.V. Fookes

            > I've switched computers & lost the demo for the source that I
            > think is going to be the base for Gold but seems like it only
            > had several pre-defined syntax highlighting options. Anyone
            > still have the url for the demo?

            I don't, but NoteTab the way we know it has many work arounds to
            give us the features that we have. That is one of the reasons
            Eric why won't port to Linux. So, even if that program we played
            with that has the same input control he was thinking about (or
            may use already) is not fully customizable perhaps Eric had plans
            to make it that way.

            > Does anyone else wish that text inside single/double quotes in
            > a <> line would display using the text rather than the tags
            > color with the current HTML highlighting?

            If you mean <this is highlighted in a .txt file>, it isn't unless
            you add it to HTML Files to support it as HTML - unless I am
            missing something else. (Two hours sleep last night and have two
            strikes on the list today - one more and I'm out of here. :)
          • Kay Roath
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 4, 1999
              11/04/1999 10:24 AM Jody wrote
              > Fully programmable syntax highlighting is plan for the Gold
              > version.

              Are we sure that syntax highlighting will be fully programmable?
              I've switched computers & lost the demo for the source that I
              think is going to be the base for Gold but seems like it only
              had several pre-defined syntax highlighting options. Anyone
              still have the url for the demo?

              Does anyone else wish that text inside single/double quotes
              in a <> line would display using the text rather than the tags
              color with the current HTML highlighting?

              --- Grandma Kay ---
            • Grant
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 5, 1999
                > Does anyone else wish that text inside single/double quotes
                > in a <> line would display using the text rather than the tags
                > color with the current HTML highlighting?

                Yep that would be great and would certainly make it easier to see attribute,
                value pairs within html/xml tags. Better still would be to colour the quoted
                value red or something to differentiate it from normal text.
              • Manuel
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 5, 1999
                  I don't remember How do I to insert a page break with the keyboard?

                  In menu: Document > Insert Page Break
                  --
                  Manuel, from Spain
                  manumail@...
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 5, 1999
                    doddj@... wrote:

                    >Hi there,
                    >
                    >I've just bought NoteTab Pro 4.6.0, and I love it to bits already.
                    >
                    >I am going to use NoteTab as the editor for Java files, but can't
                    >find a clipbook that colours the source (e.g. green for comments,
                    >blue for reserved words, etc etc).
                    >
                    >PLEASE tell me there is a clipbook for this?

                    Not yet on the highlighting. Currently, we can not control
                    highlighting from a clip, and NoteTab's current highlighting
                    is limited to HTML documents and the clip editor. So we are
                    basically waiting for a future version of NoteTab.

                    I DO have a clipbook for compiling and testing java applets
                    though. Within the next couple days, I'll post an updated
                    version of it to the notetab-clips list.

                    --
                    Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen