[NTB] Re: Insert Link/Image

  • Nicole Simon
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 1999
      you.are@... wrote:
      > When I insert a link or Image using the Insert Link/Image tool (Cntrl +
      > Shift + F5), It changes the image and path name to all lower case. This
      > is not good if your server is case sensitive. Is there a way to turn
      > this off?

      I havent noticed this but I think this is a good behaviour because you can
      chose in many ftp-clients to lowercase everything.

      I don't think that you should try upper and lowercase filenames. Image the
      case I tell you to get Nisi.html. I'm sure, most of us would go and take
      nisi.html - they are used to it.

      Perhaps you want upper/lowercase in notetab because windows uses them and
      you think this to be normal? (sometimes even if you tell it nisi.html it'll
      make Nisi.html). If you use the ability of you html-programm and the ones
      of your ftp, you don't need to have changing the case. :o)

      Nicole

      --
      Greg: »But the chief said the ibook was for A.J. ...«
      Stef: »I get to have it! It's cute! It's orange! It has
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 1999
        Hello Nicole,

        NS> you.are@... wrote:

        NS> I havent noticed this but I think this is a good behaviour because you can
        NS> chose in many ftp-clients to lowercase everything.

        NS> I don't think that you should try upper and lowercase filenames. Image the
        NS> case I tell you to get Nisi.html. I'm sure, most of us would go and take
        NS> nisi.html - they are used to it.

        NS> Perhaps you want upper/lowercase in notetab because windows uses them and
        NS> you think this to be normal? (sometimes even if you tell it nisi.html it'll
        NS> make Nisi.html). If you use the ability of you html-programm and the ones
        NS> of your ftp, you don't need to have changing the case. :o)

        NS> Nicole

        I agree with your sentiment for creating a normal site for which you
        have control.
        For visiting club sites with private areas, requirements are very
        different in my experience - both security methods below employ mixed case.
        Also one site I use for webmail gives users private mixed case
        directories for access to private/public discussion areas.

        1/Secure sites with mixed case passwords included in the Url.
        2/Sites hosted on free servers without normal password facility that
        rely on mixed case directory/file Url to hide from visitors.

        Adding mixed case choice is good for me.

        --
        Best regards,
        James

        mailto:rwnx7g9r@...