[NTB] Insert Link/Image

  • you.are@home.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 1999
      When I insert a link or Image using the Insert Link/Image tool (Cntrl +
      Shift + F5), It changes the image and path name to all lower case. This
      is not good if your server is case sensitive. Is there a way to turn
      this off?
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 1999
        Hi you.are,

        > When I insert a link or Image using the Insert Link/Image tool
        > (Cntrl + Shift + F5), It changes the image and path name to all
        > lower case. This is not good if your server is case sensitive.
        > Is there a way to turn this off?

        Unfortunately there is not. Hopefully Eric will add an option to
        force to lowercase next release else leave it as is if not
        checked (also for Quick List using the same option). Presently
        we have to use Clips to do it with. Please sign up for the Clips
        list if you don't know how to make it or I can send you a couple
        private eMail if you wish.

        Happy Clip'n!
        Jody

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Clip List...
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      • Nicole Simon
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 1999
          you.are@... wrote:
          > When I insert a link or Image using the Insert Link/Image tool (Cntrl +
          > Shift + F5), It changes the image and path name to all lower case. This
          > is not good if your server is case sensitive. Is there a way to turn
          > this off?

          I havent noticed this but I think this is a good behaviour because you can
          chose in many ftp-clients to lowercase everything.

          I don't think that you should try upper and lowercase filenames. Image the
          case I tell you to get Nisi.html. I'm sure, most of us would go and take
          nisi.html - they are used to it.

          Perhaps you want upper/lowercase in notetab because windows uses them and
          you think this to be normal? (sometimes even if you tell it nisi.html it'll
          make Nisi.html). If you use the ability of you html-programm and the ones
          of your ftp, you don't need to have changing the case. :o)

          Nicole

          --
          Greg: »But the chief said the ibook was for A.J. ...«
          Stef: »I get to have it! It's cute! It's orange! It has
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 1999
            Hello Nicole,

            NS> you.are@... wrote:

            NS> I havent noticed this but I think this is a good behaviour because you can
            NS> chose in many ftp-clients to lowercase everything.

            NS> I don't think that you should try upper and lowercase filenames. Image the
            NS> case I tell you to get Nisi.html. I'm sure, most of us would go and take
            NS> nisi.html - they are used to it.

            NS> Perhaps you want upper/lowercase in notetab because windows uses them and
            NS> you think this to be normal? (sometimes even if you tell it nisi.html it'll
            NS> make Nisi.html). If you use the ability of you html-programm and the ones
            NS> of your ftp, you don't need to have changing the case. :o)

            NS> Nicole

            I agree with your sentiment for creating a normal site for which you
            have control.
            For visiting club sites with private areas, requirements are very
            different in my experience - both security methods below employ mixed case.
            Also one site I use for webmail gives users private mixed case
            directories for access to private/public discussion areas.

            1/Secure sites with mixed case passwords included in the Url.
            2/Sites hosted on free servers without normal password facility that
            rely on mixed case directory/file Url to hide from visitors.

            Adding mixed case choice is good for me.

            --
            Best regards,
            James

            mailto:rwnx7g9r@...