[NTB] Re: [NTB-S] New user questions

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 1999
      Hi Will,

      > Now here's the question: What if I actually want to c&p the
      > entire selection instead of the column indicated by the row:col
      > coordinates? For example, suppose I wanted to select (in this
      > paragraph) from "Now here's..." to "For example," and I wanted
      > the entire text instead of a column that ends at t,n, and ","
      > on the respective lines. How would NTB know the difference?

      Eric must get the coordinates of a selection every time something
      is selected then acts on it according to what kind of copy
      (c,p,d) you do.

      > Would I have to select the entire paragraph, Join Lines to
      > strip the line breaks, select the unbroken text string for the
      > c&p, then split the lines again?

      Correct, if you do it manually. A Clip can do it with one click
      if you have "Single click to Paste" on in Options under the
      Clipbook tab. Please sign up for the Clips list if you need help
      with a Clip. (See below.)

      t,n, and "," If seen that, but where?

      Happy Clip'n!
      Jody

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Clip List...
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
    • Manuel
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 14, 1999
        One idea.

        I have serveral files, example

        Jody Adair -001.txt
        Erick Fookes -002.txt

        and I have a file in the same directory with the name

        friends.txt

        and the the next link work ok.

        [*-001] Jody Adair
        [*-002] Erick Fookes

        When I double clic of hyperlink it's open the file thant contains:
        -001, or -002

        It's fantastic because I can rename the file Jody Adair-001 to
        Jode Adair, moderator notetab-001

        And the link work's ok well.

        This is perfect if I have a
        context.txt
        Open notetab [*01]
        Close notetab [*55]

        and I in the same folder the files

        Open notetab -01.txt
        Close program notetab -02.txt

        Then I have two thinks:
        1. One file by contents
        2. List of file in alfabetical order

        It's perfect to made a manual

        and Good night I go to sleep zzzzzz¡¡¡
        It's 1.54 a.m. in Spain
        --
        Manuel, from Spain
        manumail@...
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 15, 1999
          Hi Manuel,

          At 02:00 AM 11/15/99 +0100, you wrote:

          >I have serveral files, example
          >
          >Jody Adair -001.txt
          >Erick Fookes -002.txt
          >
          >and the the next link work ok.
          >
          >[*-001] Jody Adair
          >[*-002] Erick Fookes
          >
          >When I double clic of hyperlink it's open the file thant contains:
          >-001, or -002

          Good tip!

          Those links will act on the Default directory, since they have no Path.

          If you have defined, under Options, the Default directory as being
          "C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\" , and that directory contains among
          other files the following:

          C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName01.txt
          C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName02.txt
          C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName03.txt
          C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName04.txt
          C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName05.txt

          [NoName*.*] will open 1 file starting the name with "NoName", e.g:
          C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName01.txt
          (I would like it to open all of them.)

          On the other hand, [*Name*.*] will open 1 file containing "NoName" inside
          the filename, e.g:
          C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\Old_NoName01.txt

          Unfortunately, those links don't work in OTLs. There, you need to specify
          the whole Path:
          [C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName*.*]

          >It's fantastic because I can rename the file Jody Adair-001 to
          >Jode Adair, moderator notetab-001

          I wouldn't recommend changing Jody to Jode... you might run into problems. <g>

          Regards,

          RS
        • Manuel
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 15, 1999
            MANUEL
            It's fantastic because I can rename the file Jody Adair-001 to
            Jode Adair, moderator notetab-001

            RS
            I wouldn't recommend changing Jody to Jode... you might run into
            problems. <g>

            MANUEL
            Excuse me Jody! I make a mistake :-) and thanks Rs for your coments.
            I use notetab from one years ago and I, today, I learn one thing more.

            The live have suprises :)

            --
            Manuel, from Spain
            manumail@...
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 15, 1999
              Hi Manuel,

              > Excuse me Jody! I make a mistake :-) and thanks Rs for your
              > coments. I use notetab from one years ago and I, today, I learn
              > one thing more.

              No big deal at all - I got a chuckle out of it. I have not had
              time to try out your tricks, but read through it when it came and
              was impressed! Thanks!!!

              Proverbs 15:15
              See ya in the funnies!

              mailto:CF@...?Subject=subscribe