[NTB] Re: [NTB-S] New user questions

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 1999
      Hi Will,

      > <snip column discussion>

      Thanks for that!

      >> Type Tab (only available in NoteTab Pro): You can change the
      >> Any chance of getting "fixed" tabs in Std so the product is
      >> consistent across the board?

      That's up to Eric. ;) It might be an input control issue which
      means there might be some difficult/time consuming programming
      involved.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 1999
        Hi Will,

        > Now here's the question: What if I actually want to c&p the
        > entire selection instead of the column indicated by the row:col
        > coordinates? For example, suppose I wanted to select (in this
        > paragraph) from "Now here's..." to "For example," and I wanted
        > the entire text instead of a column that ends at t,n, and ","
        > on the respective lines. How would NTB know the difference?

        Eric must get the coordinates of a selection every time something
        is selected then acts on it according to what kind of copy
        (c,p,d) you do.

        > Would I have to select the entire paragraph, Join Lines to
        > strip the line breaks, select the unbroken text string for the
        > c&p, then split the lines again?

        Correct, if you do it manually. A Clip can do it with one click
        if you have "Single click to Paste" on in Options under the
        Clipbook tab. Please sign up for the Clips list if you need help
        with a Clip. (See below.)

        t,n, and "," If seen that, but where?

        Happy Clip'n!
        Jody

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Clip List...
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      • Manuel
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 14, 1999
          One idea.

          I have serveral files, example

          Jody Adair -001.txt
          Erick Fookes -002.txt

          and I have a file in the same directory with the name

          friends.txt

          and the the next link work ok.

          [*-001] Jody Adair
          [*-002] Erick Fookes

          When I double clic of hyperlink it's open the file thant contains:
          -001, or -002

          It's fantastic because I can rename the file Jody Adair-001 to
          Jode Adair, moderator notetab-001

          And the link work's ok well.

          This is perfect if I have a
          context.txt
          Open notetab [*01]
          Close notetab [*55]

          and I in the same folder the files

          Open notetab -01.txt
          Close program notetab -02.txt

          Then I have two thinks:
          1. One file by contents
          2. List of file in alfabetical order

          It's perfect to made a manual

          and Good night I go to sleep zzzzzz¡¡¡
          It's 1.54 a.m. in Spain
          --
          Manuel, from Spain
          manumail@...
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 15, 1999
            Hi Manuel,

            At 02:00 AM 11/15/99 +0100, you wrote:

            >I have serveral files, example
            >
            >Jody Adair -001.txt
            >Erick Fookes -002.txt
            >
            >and the the next link work ok.
            >
            >[*-001] Jody Adair
            >[*-002] Erick Fookes
            >
            >When I double clic of hyperlink it's open the file thant contains:
            >-001, or -002

            Good tip!

            Those links will act on the Default directory, since they have no Path.

            If you have defined, under Options, the Default directory as being
            "C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\" , and that directory contains among
            other files the following:

            C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName01.txt
            C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName02.txt
            C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName03.txt
            C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName04.txt
            C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName05.txt

            [NoName*.*] will open 1 file starting the name with "NoName", e.g:
            C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName01.txt
            (I would like it to open all of them.)

            On the other hand, [*Name*.*] will open 1 file containing "NoName" inside
            the filename, e.g:
            C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\Old_NoName01.txt

            Unfortunately, those links don't work in OTLs. There, you need to specify
            the whole Path:
            [C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName*.*]

            >It's fantastic because I can rename the file Jody Adair-001 to
            >Jode Adair, moderator notetab-001

            I wouldn't recommend changing Jody to Jode... you might run into problems. <g>

            Regards,

            RS
          • Manuel
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 15, 1999
              MANUEL
              It's fantastic because I can rename the file Jody Adair-001 to
              Jode Adair, moderator notetab-001

              RS
              I wouldn't recommend changing Jody to Jode... you might run into
              problems. <g>

              MANUEL
              Excuse me Jody! I make a mistake :-) and thanks Rs for your coments.
              I use notetab from one years ago and I, today, I learn one thing more.

              The live have suprises :)

              --
              Manuel, from Spain
              manumail@...
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 15, 1999
                Hi Manuel,

                > Excuse me Jody! I make a mistake :-) and thanks Rs for your
                > coments. I use notetab from one years ago and I, today, I learn
                > one thing more.

                No big deal at all - I got a chuckle out of it. I have not had
                time to try out your tricks, but read through it when it came and
                was impressed! Thanks!!!

                Proverbs 15:15
                See ya in the funnies!

                mailto:CF@...?Subject=subscribe