[NTB] Re: [NTB-S] New user questions

  • Will Sappington
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 1999
      On Tue, 02 Nov 1999 13:41:26 -0600, Jody didst scribe thus:

      <snip column discussion>

      Thanks Jody, I'll it again.

      >Type Tab (only available in NoteTab Pro): You can change the
      Any chance of getting "fixed" tabs in Std so the product is consistent
      across the board? This seems like a real inconsistency to me, not
      only that auto-indent would allow you to indent with spaces but the
      Tab key won't, but that a feature so simple and basic would be offered
      in one version of the product but not another.

      eul8r,
      -will
    • Will Sappington
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 1999
        Back to the column selection thing, a thought just occurred to me.

        On Tue, 02 Nov 1999 13:41:26 -0600, Jody didst scribe thus:

        >It determines the row and column coordinates based on the
        >selection's start and end coordinates.
        >
        >Some programs actually show the selected text in a rectangular
        >block so you see what you have blocked.
        Actually, every other advanced editor I've used (Brief, MultiEdit,
        CodeWright, et. al.)

        >At the time Eric
        >programmed it he decided to just get the coordinates of when the
        >user first clicked to select and when he released the click
        >indicated the start and stop ot the block.
        Now here's the question: What if I actually want to c&p the entire
        selection instead of the column indicated by the row:col coordinates?
        For example, suppose I wanted to select (in this paragraph) from "Now
        here's..." to "For example," and I wanted the entire text instead of a
        column that ends at t,n, and "," on the respective lines. How would
        NTB know the difference? Would I have to select the entire paragraph,
        Join Lines to strip the line breaks, select the unbroken text string
        for the c&p, then split the lines again?

        eul8r,
        -will
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 1999
          Hi Will,

          > <snip column discussion>

          Thanks for that!

          >> Type Tab (only available in NoteTab Pro): You can change the
          >> Any chance of getting "fixed" tabs in Std so the product is
          >> consistent across the board?

          That's up to Eric. ;) It might be an input control issue which
          means there might be some difficult/time consuming programming
          involved.

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2, 1999
            Hi Will,

            > Now here's the question: What if I actually want to c&p the
            > entire selection instead of the column indicated by the row:col
            > coordinates? For example, suppose I wanted to select (in this
            > paragraph) from "Now here's..." to "For example," and I wanted
            > the entire text instead of a column that ends at t,n, and ","
            > on the respective lines. How would NTB know the difference?

            Eric must get the coordinates of a selection every time something
            is selected then acts on it according to what kind of copy
            (c,p,d) you do.

            > Would I have to select the entire paragraph, Join Lines to
            > strip the line breaks, select the unbroken text string for the
            > c&p, then split the lines again?

            Correct, if you do it manually. A Clip can do it with one click
            if you have "Single click to Paste" on in Options under the
            Clipbook tab. Please sign up for the Clips list if you need help
            with a Clip. (See below.)

            t,n, and "," If seen that, but where?

            Happy Clip'n!
            Jody

            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

            The NoteTab Clip List...
            mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
          • Manuel
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 14, 1999
              One idea.

              I have serveral files, example

              Jody Adair -001.txt
              Erick Fookes -002.txt

              and I have a file in the same directory with the name

              friends.txt

              and the the next link work ok.

              [*-001] Jody Adair
              [*-002] Erick Fookes

              When I double clic of hyperlink it's open the file thant contains:
              -001, or -002

              It's fantastic because I can rename the file Jody Adair-001 to
              Jode Adair, moderator notetab-001

              And the link work's ok well.

              This is perfect if I have a
              context.txt
              Open notetab [*01]
              Close notetab [*55]

              and I in the same folder the files

              Open notetab -01.txt
              Close program notetab -02.txt

              Then I have two thinks:
              1. One file by contents
              2. List of file in alfabetical order

              It's perfect to made a manual

              and Good night I go to sleep zzzzzz¡¡¡
              It's 1.54 a.m. in Spain
              --
              Manuel, from Spain
              manumail@...
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 15, 1999
                Hi Manuel,

                At 02:00 AM 11/15/99 +0100, you wrote:

                >I have serveral files, example
                >
                >Jody Adair -001.txt
                >Erick Fookes -002.txt
                >
                >and the the next link work ok.
                >
                >[*-001] Jody Adair
                >[*-002] Erick Fookes
                >
                >When I double clic of hyperlink it's open the file thant contains:
                >-001, or -002

                Good tip!

                Those links will act on the Default directory, since they have no Path.

                If you have defined, under Options, the Default directory as being
                "C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\" , and that directory contains among
                other files the following:

                C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName01.txt
                C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName02.txt
                C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName03.txt
                C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName04.txt
                C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName05.txt

                [NoName*.*] will open 1 file starting the name with "NoName", e.g:
                C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName01.txt
                (I would like it to open all of them.)

                On the other hand, [*Name*.*] will open 1 file containing "NoName" inside
                the filename, e.g:
                C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\Old_NoName01.txt

                Unfortunately, those links don't work in OTLs. There, you need to specify
                the whole Path:
                [C:\Program Files\NoteTab\General\NoName*.*]

                >It's fantastic because I can rename the file Jody Adair-001 to
                >Jode Adair, moderator notetab-001

                I wouldn't recommend changing Jody to Jode... you might run into problems. <g>

                Regards,

                RS
              • Manuel
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 15, 1999
                  MANUEL
                  It's fantastic because I can rename the file Jody Adair-001 to
                  Jode Adair, moderator notetab-001

                  RS
                  I wouldn't recommend changing Jody to Jode... you might run into
                  problems. <g>

                  MANUEL
                  Excuse me Jody! I make a mistake :-) and thanks Rs for your coments.
                  I use notetab from one years ago and I, today, I learn one thing more.

                  The live have suprises :)

                  --
                  Manuel, from Spain
                  manumail@...
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 15, 1999
                    Hi Manuel,

                    > Excuse me Jody! I make a mistake :-) and thanks Rs for your
                    > coments. I use notetab from one years ago and I, today, I learn
                    > one thing more.

                    No big deal at all - I got a chuckle out of it. I have not had
                    time to try out your tricks, but read through it when it came and
                    was impressed! Thanks!!!

                    Proverbs 15:15
                    See ya in the funnies!

                    mailto:CF@...?Subject=subscribe