[NTB] Re: exporting AutoCorrect entries MS Word 6 --> NoteTab Pro

  • Nicole Simon
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 1999
      Dan Doernberg wrote:
      > to import them into NoteTab's AutoCorrect library. Right now
      > they're sitting in an Excel Spreadsheet (2 columns, incorrect right
      > next to correct), but I can massage as needed.

      Just for the rest of you: The autocorrect files are stored seperately in
      special *.acl. There are several macros out there to export the acl-Files
      to a normal textfile.

      Dan: You might try in Excel in the third column to use a formula like
      C1: ="@@H="&"@@"&A1&"@@"& B1

      ^So if you have
      worng wrong

      you get
      worng wrong @@H=@@worng@@wrong

      No you have to replace @@ with ^p and get
      H=worng
      wrong

      which is a fine clip for notetab.
      You could write a macro in Word which uses the normal exportfunction of the
      export macro and directly write this style into you notetab dir as an
      textfile with ending clb. So you would use winword as the leading system
      for your autocorrect entries.

      Nicole

      --
      Greg: »But the chief said the ibook was for A.J. ...«
      Stef: »I get to have it! It's cute! It's orange! It has
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 1999
        Thank you very much... I'll try to digest your suggestions!

        << Just for the rest of you: The autocorrect files are stored
        seperately in special *.acl. There are several macros out there to
        export the acl-Files to a normal textfile.>>

        Dan Doernberg, Publisher
        Peer-to-Peer Communications, Inc.
        http://www.peer-to-peer.com
        dan@...
        Phone: + 804/975-0780 Fax: + 804/975-0790
        Unique technical books for the computer industry