[NTB] exporting AutoCorrect entries MS Word 6 --> NoteTab Pro

  • Dan Doernberg
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 29, 1999
      I've extracted my AutoCorrect entries from MS Word (hundreds of
      cherished mis-spellings over the years) and would like to know how
      to import them into NoteTab's AutoCorrect library. Right now
      they're sitting in an Excel Spreadsheet (2 columns, incorrect right
      next to correct), but I can massage as needed.

      BTW... is there a best way, or any way, to keep a single file for
      both applications? for other applications (e.g. pegasus mail)?

      Thanks in advance!

      ---dan

      Dan Doernberg, Publisher
      Peer-to-Peer Communications, Inc.
      http://www.peer-to-peer.com
      dan@...
      Phone: + 804/975-0780 Fax: + 804/975-0790
      Unique technical books for the computer industry
    • Dan Doernberg
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 29, 1999
        > 10/29/1999 10:49 AM Dan Doernberg wrote
        > > I've extracted my AutoCorrect entries from MS Word (hundreds of
        > > cherished mis-spellings over the years) and would like to know how
        > > to import them into NoteTab's AutoCorrect library.
        >
        > You should be able to use your .dic Ms Word file. Go to the View menu
        > & select Spell-Checker Options then hit the Help button.

        Thanks for the suggestion... I had seen this already, but I don't
        think it's the solution:

        1) Spell Checker Options I think relate only to Spell Check; in MS
        Word 6 the AutoCorrect entries are in the Normal.dot file, *not* the
        spelling dictionary file(s).

        2) Also... when I select Microsoft dictionary files as additional
        (Main!!) dictionaries in addition to default.udt, I don't get a nice file
        name appearnig to the right of the checkbox; instead, I get
        "garbage" characters made up of Control characters + the first few
        entries... makes me think NoteTab is not recognizing/reading that
        file as a dictionary. I have an off-line question already in to Jody
        about this last item, but am happy to mention it here too (I didn't
        think it was general interest enough for the list!).

        As others have commented, the helpful nature of this list is indeed
        a huge plus for NoteTab!!

        Thanks,

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 29, 1999
          Hi Dan,

          > 2) Also... when I select Microsoft dictionary files as
          > additional (Main!!) dictionaries in addition to default.udt, I
          > don't get a nice file name appearnig to the right of the
          > checkbox; instead, I get "garbage" characters made up of
          > Control characters + the first few entries... makes me think
          > NoteTab is not recognizing/reading that file as a dictionary. I
          > have an off-line question already in to Jody about this last
          > item, but am happy to mention it here too (I didn't think it
          > was general interest enough for the list!).

          I sent you the reply already, but to let others know you cannot
          use MS *.dic files as main dictionaries in NoteTab. They must be
          used as user defined dictionaries.

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        • Kay Roath
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 29, 1999
            10/29/1999 10:49 AM Dan Doernberg wrote
            > I've extracted my AutoCorrect entries from MS Word (hundreds of
            > cherished mis-spellings over the years) and would like to know how
            > to import them into NoteTab's AutoCorrect library.

            You should be able to use your .dic Ms Word file. Go to the View
            menu & select Spell-Checker Options then hit the Help button.

            --- Grandma Kay ---
          • Nicole Simon
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 1999
              Dan Doernberg wrote:
              > to import them into NoteTab's AutoCorrect library. Right now
              > they're sitting in an Excel Spreadsheet (2 columns, incorrect right
              > next to correct), but I can massage as needed.

              Just for the rest of you: The autocorrect files are stored seperately in
              special *.acl. There are several macros out there to export the acl-Files
              to a normal textfile.

              Dan: You might try in Excel in the third column to use a formula like
              C1: ="@@H="&"@@"&A1&"@@"& B1

              ^So if you have
              worng wrong

              you get
              worng wrong @@H=@@worng@@wrong

              No you have to replace @@ with ^p and get
              H=worng
              wrong

              which is a fine clip for notetab.
              You could write a macro in Word which uses the normal exportfunction of the
              export macro and directly write this style into you notetab dir as an
              textfile with ending clb. So you would use winword as the leading system
              for your autocorrect entries.

              Nicole

              --
              Greg: »But the chief said the ibook was for A.J. ...«
              Stef: »I get to have it! It's cute! It's orange! It has