[NTB] Re: Yet another suggestion.

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 8, 1999
      Hi David and the rest of you,

      Thanks for all the latest suggestions you've made for the next release of
      NoteTab. As usual, I've been taking notes of them...

      >How about a single clip command which will immediately close and
      >delete all of the efo*.TMP files created by ^$GetTempFile$ ?

      The ^$GetTempFile$ function actually creates temporary files that are
      managed by Windows. If Windows is terminated normally, it will take care of
      deleting those files automatically for you.

      Eric Fookes
      -----------
      NoteTab v4.6a available from
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 8, 1999
        Hi Eric,

        > The ^$GetTempFile$ function actually creates temporary files
        > that are managed by Windows.

        So, that explains why I was also getting a new temp file mame. :)

        > If Windows is terminated normally, it will take care of
        > deleting those files automatically for you.

        You must have a great copy of Windows, because my new 98 lost to
        crash on me at least once a day. How come I do not see the temp
        files in my C:\Windows\Temp when I have one open in NoteTab?
        There was one there from the past that my clip deleted, but when
        looking there with a few open I do not see any.

        Bye for now,
        Jody Adair
        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
        http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab
      • Kay Roath
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 8, 1999
          10/08/1999 10:48 AM Jody wrote
          > You must have a great copy of Windows, because my new 98
          > lost to crash on me at least once a day.

          Fat32 & Win98 don't get along well if available hard disk
          space is less than 25% :( I've found if I only use 1/2 of
          my disk space (real bummer) I rarely crash.

          --- Grandma Kay ---