[NTB] Yet another suggestion.

  • djust@netvision.net.il
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 7, 1999
      How about a single clip command which will immediately close and
      delete all of the efo*.TMP files created by ^$GetTempFile$ ?

      Thanks,
      David.
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 7, 1999
        Hi David,

        > How about a single clip command which will immediately close
        > and delete all of the efo*.TMP files created by ^$GetTempFile$

        I'll send it to you private eMail since this is not the Clips list.

        Happy Clip'n!
        Jody

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Clip List...
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      • Eric G.V. Fookes
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 8, 1999
          Hi David and the rest of you,

          Thanks for all the latest suggestions you've made for the next release of
          NoteTab. As usual, I've been taking notes of them...

          >How about a single clip command which will immediately close and
          >delete all of the efo*.TMP files created by ^$GetTempFile$ ?

          The ^$GetTempFile$ function actually creates temporary files that are
          managed by Windows. If Windows is terminated normally, it will take care of
          deleting those files automatically for you.

          Eric Fookes
          -----------
          NoteTab v4.6a available from
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 8, 1999
            Hi Eric,

            > The ^$GetTempFile$ function actually creates temporary files
            > that are managed by Windows.

            So, that explains why I was also getting a new temp file mame. :)

            > If Windows is terminated normally, it will take care of
            > deleting those files automatically for you.

            You must have a great copy of Windows, because my new 98 lost to
            crash on me at least once a day. How come I do not see the temp
            files in my C:\Windows\Temp when I have one open in NoteTab?
            There was one there from the past that my clip deleted, but when
            looking there with a few open I do not see any.

            Bye for now,
            Jody Adair
            Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

            http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
            http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
            http://www.sureword.com/notetab
          • Kay Roath
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 8, 1999
              10/08/1999 10:48 AM Jody wrote
              > You must have a great copy of Windows, because my new 98
              > lost to crash on me at least once a day.

              Fat32 & Win98 don't get along well if available hard disk
              space is less than 25% :( I've found if I only use 1/2 of
              my disk space (real bummer) I rarely crash.

              --- Grandma Kay ---