[NTB] Re: Questions

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 1999
      Hi Janet,

      > Ok, so it was more like four questions...sorry!

      Here is the answer to the fifth. :) There is also the NoteTab &
      HTML list which is a relatively quiet list, but there are a
      number of very experienced HTML'ers on it. You might be
      interested in signing up for it for further questions concerning
      HTML and answer some too! :) Subscription info below.

      Happy HTML'n!
      Jody

      The NoteTab and Html List...
      mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
    • RWMVIN29@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6 7:22 AM
        I have been told that the Note Tab program will help me greatly in
        downloading information. I subscribed, but haven't the faintest notion of
        where to go from here. Is there such a thing as a step by step explanation of
        the procedure to follow? If so, I hope it is in layman's terms.

        Help,

        Dick
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6 5:57 PM
          Hi Dick,

          > I have been told that the Note Tab program will help me greatly
          > in downloading information. I subscribed, but haven't the
          > faintest notion of where to go from here.

          Welcome to the list!

          Subscribing is the first step to getting some questions answered.
          (Boy, does that ever sound corny. :-)

          My guess is you are referring to the Paste Board when you say
          "downloading." NoteTab does not download files like can be
          initiated through a web browser.

          There are different ways to capture text from to NoteTab from
          other applications such as a browser or eMail program. Let's
          start with the Paste Board itself though without using Clips.

          Open a new document. From the main menu click on Document and
          then Use Paste Board (Shift+Ctrl+P). Now, come back to this post
          and copy a few lines of text, say the paragraph above this one.
          Now copy this paragraph. Switch over to NoteTab and look at your
          Paste Board which had the green tab color by default. Notice
          that unlike Clipboard that gets overwritten each time you copy
          text, Paste Board appends each Clipboard change to the document
          you designate as the Paste Board.

          Now, go to NoteTab's Options (from under the View menu) and click
          on the Tools tab. Look in the larger edit window called Paste
          Board Divider. Type in something like <-- Divider --> and add a
          sound if you like. Copy or Cut some text now. You do not need
          to leave NoteTab but the Paste Board will not activate if you
          copy text from it.

          You may see some other examples of using NoteTab to gather
          information from applications for you by trying out the
          CaptureLinks Library. I also have a Library that will do a
          number of things with captured text like add it to an outline,
          print, format hyperlinks in a few different formats and some more
          I think - it's been awhile since I looked at it.

          NoteBoards
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/library.html
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/notebrds.zip

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab