[NTB] Re: Questions

  • Grey Cat
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 1999
      The 4.0 library is great. I had to do a page for a ZDU class in HTML 4 and
      using the library, I passed the checker 100%!!!! In other words, completely
      perfect HTML 4

      Cat

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 6, 1999
        Hi Janet,

        > Ok, so it was more like four questions...sorry!

        Here is the answer to the fifth. :) There is also the NoteTab &
        HTML list which is a relatively quiet list, but there are a
        number of very experienced HTML'ers on it. You might be
        interested in signing up for it for further questions concerning
        HTML and answer some too! :) Subscription info below.

        Happy HTML'n!
        Jody

        The NoteTab and Html List...
        mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
      • RWMVIN29@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6 7:22 AM
          I have been told that the Note Tab program will help me greatly in
          downloading information. I subscribed, but haven't the faintest notion of
          where to go from here. Is there such a thing as a step by step explanation of
          the procedure to follow? If so, I hope it is in layman's terms.

          Help,

          Dick
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6 5:57 PM
            Hi Dick,

            > I have been told that the Note Tab program will help me greatly
            > in downloading information. I subscribed, but haven't the
            > faintest notion of where to go from here.

            Welcome to the list!

            Subscribing is the first step to getting some questions answered.
            (Boy, does that ever sound corny. :-)

            My guess is you are referring to the Paste Board when you say
            "downloading." NoteTab does not download files like can be
            initiated through a web browser.

            There are different ways to capture text from to NoteTab from
            other applications such as a browser or eMail program. Let's
            start with the Paste Board itself though without using Clips.

            Open a new document. From the main menu click on Document and
            then Use Paste Board (Shift+Ctrl+P). Now, come back to this post
            and copy a few lines of text, say the paragraph above this one.
            Now copy this paragraph. Switch over to NoteTab and look at your
            Paste Board which had the green tab color by default. Notice
            that unlike Clipboard that gets overwritten each time you copy
            text, Paste Board appends each Clipboard change to the document
            you designate as the Paste Board.

            Now, go to NoteTab's Options (from under the View menu) and click
            on the Tools tab. Look in the larger edit window called Paste
            Board Divider. Type in something like <-- Divider --> and add a
            sound if you like. Copy or Cut some text now. You do not need
            to leave NoteTab but the Paste Board will not activate if you
            copy text from it.

            You may see some other examples of using NoteTab to gather
            information from applications for you by trying out the
            CaptureLinks Library. I also have a Library that will do a
            number of things with captured text like add it to an outline,
            print, format hyperlinks in a few different formats and some more
            I think - it's been awhile since I looked at it.

            NoteBoards
            http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/library.html
            http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/notebrds.zip

            http://www.sureword.com/notetab