[NTB] Questions

  • Planetwax@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 1999
      I have three questions:

      1. How do I unsubscibe from this list? I need to resubscribe under a
      different email address.

      2. Can I get clips that use only HTML 4.0? Should I be doing this?

      3. What is a good resource for learning the current specifications of HTML
      4.0?

      Ok, so it was more like four questions...sorry!

      Thank you!

      Janet
      Lawrence, KS
    • Bill McNair
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 6, 1999
        > > 3. What is a good resource for learning the current
        > > specifications of HTML 4.0?

        I really like the W3C specification which was edited by Dave Raggett an
        several others. It is located at http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/.
      • Grey Cat
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 6, 1999
          The 4.0 library is great. I had to do a page for a ZDU class in HTML 4 and
          using the library, I passed the checker 100%!!!! In other words, completely
          perfect HTML 4

          Cat

          > > 2. Can I get clips that use only HTML 4.0? Should I be
          > > doing this?
          >
          > > 3. What is a good resource for learning the current
          > > specifications of HTML 4.0?

          The specifications may be found at http://www.w3.org/. This is the official
          site. There are literally dozens of sites with great tutorials for every
          level of HTML. Or for a very small amount of money you can take progressive
          classes at ZDU (Ziff-Davis University) which is what I did.

          Cat
        • Kay Roath
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 6, 1999
            10/06/1999 11:24 AM Planetwax@... wrote
            > 1. How do I unsubscibe from this list? I need to
            > resubscribe under a different email address.

            Use your current subscribe address & send a blank e-mail to
            notetab-unsubscribe@egroups.com
            Use the one you want subscribed & send a blank e-mail to
            notetab-subscribe@egroups.com
            or use the link that egroups puts at the end of the messages
            - probably better so you can read on the web if you want.

            > 2. Can I get clips that use only HTML 4.0? Should I be
            > doing this?

            > 3. What is a good resource for learning the current
            > specifications of HTML 4.0?

            There's a clipbook zip in the archive that has the specs for
            3.2 & 4. I just got it & haven't had a chance to really
            look but already used it to find what I needed at the
            moment. I'm sorry, I don't have the page for the repository
            but there's a link on the home page http://www.notetab.com
            These libraries just give the specs. There are others that
            will help you write HTML 4.0 if that's what you were asking
            in #2.

            > Lawrence, KS
            We're almost neighbors :) Jefferson City, MO

            --- Grandma Kay --- I'm BACK :) Survived another one of my
            husbands emergency room trips & hospital stays! He did
            too!! Maybe we're good for another 18 months ©
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 6, 1999
              Hi Janet,

              > Ok, so it was more like four questions...sorry!

              Here is the answer to the fifth. :) There is also the NoteTab &
              HTML list which is a relatively quiet list, but there are a
              number of very experienced HTML'ers on it. You might be
              interested in signing up for it for further questions concerning
              HTML and answer some too! :) Subscription info below.

              Happy HTML'n!
              Jody

              The NoteTab and Html List...
              mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
            • RWMVIN29@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 6, 2000
                I have been told that the Note Tab program will help me greatly in
                downloading information. I subscribed, but haven't the faintest notion of
                where to go from here. Is there such a thing as a step by step explanation of
                the procedure to follow? If so, I hope it is in layman's terms.

                Help,

                Dick
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 6, 2000
                  Hi Dick,

                  > I have been told that the Note Tab program will help me greatly
                  > in downloading information. I subscribed, but haven't the
                  > faintest notion of where to go from here.

                  Welcome to the list!

                  Subscribing is the first step to getting some questions answered.
                  (Boy, does that ever sound corny. :-)

                  My guess is you are referring to the Paste Board when you say
                  "downloading." NoteTab does not download files like can be
                  initiated through a web browser.

                  There are different ways to capture text from to NoteTab from
                  other applications such as a browser or eMail program. Let's
                  start with the Paste Board itself though without using Clips.

                  Open a new document. From the main menu click on Document and
                  then Use Paste Board (Shift+Ctrl+P). Now, come back to this post
                  and copy a few lines of text, say the paragraph above this one.
                  Now copy this paragraph. Switch over to NoteTab and look at your
                  Paste Board which had the green tab color by default. Notice
                  that unlike Clipboard that gets overwritten each time you copy
                  text, Paste Board appends each Clipboard change to the document
                  you designate as the Paste Board.

                  Now, go to NoteTab's Options (from under the View menu) and click
                  on the Tools tab. Look in the larger edit window called Paste
                  Board Divider. Type in something like <-- Divider --> and add a
                  sound if you like. Copy or Cut some text now. You do not need
                  to leave NoteTab but the Paste Board will not activate if you
                  copy text from it.

                  You may see some other examples of using NoteTab to gather
                  information from applications for you by trying out the
                  CaptureLinks Library. I also have a Library that will do a
                  number of things with captured text like add it to an outline,
                  print, format hyperlinks in a few different formats and some more
                  I think - it's been awhile since I looked at it.

                  NoteBoards
                  http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/library.html
                  http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/notebrds.zip

                  http://www.sureword.com/notetab