[NTB] WildCards in Find and Replace

  • admin@wisdombooks.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 1999
      Often I need to sort out long lists of books or [email] addresses and I wish I can use a wildcard with the Find and Replace text.
      The usual DOS ones, like ? and * are treated as normal typed characters, so they are useless, in this case.

      Example:
      I need to strip this list of names from the text inside the brackets [including the brackets]:

      Virgilio Guillen (Santo Domingo - DO)
      Vishvanath Bharos (Den Haag - NL)
      Vladimir Miklashevskiy (Smolensk - R)
      Vladimir Samoylov (Irkutsk - RU)
      Yaroslav Dexhos (Potomac - USA)
      Zvonimir Miskic (Pozega - HR)

      so to obtain a simpler list, like:

      Virgilio Guillen
      Vishvanath Bharos
      Vladimir Miklashevskiy
      Vladimir Samoylov
      Wiktor Kwinta
      Yaroslav Dexhos
      Zvonimir Miskic

      How to do it? I need some command telling: - "Whatever you find between brackets replace it with zero [or whatever]".

      Manually delete them one by one of course will do the same job, but it is not practical for long lists [that's why after all we use computers and fancy texts editors like NoteTab Pro].

      If this facility is not there I would definitively like to put it in the WISH LIST for next release [is there such a thing?].

      Thanks in advance to the 'BRAINS' and Regards to All:

      Angelo Pugliese

      Managing Director
      at
      WisdOM Books Pvt.Ltd. Ph.: +91(33)476-4311/4313
      Regd.Off.: 11/B, Earle Street Fax: +91(33)476-4313/4311
      Kolkata/Calcutta 700026 INDIA Email: admin@...
      WEBsite: 'WisdOM: India's Gift to the World' URL: www.WisdOMbooks.com
      "Online Descriptive Catalog of Select Publications on Indian Civilization"