[NTB] Re: Open file

  • Len
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 1999
      Hi Mark, Eric, All;

      Perhaps the experts can enlghten us on the following phenomina.

      >When you copied NTP 4.6a, did you give the copies
      >completely different names?

      Eric, having the NTP programs in different folders completely
      independent would be a significant improvemnent.
      Some time ago (4.?) I tried the two name approach but the Help
      files did not operate correctly. I think the fix was to rename
      the NotePro.exe and NotePro.ini before opening Help. I decided
      that was too much trouble when I installed the next releases.
      I now simply have differently named folders.
      I would like to rename the .exe and .ini if I could be sure no
      other proiblems would arise. I will be rebuilding my harddisk
      soon and I will try that approach again.

      >with different names but sometimes one of them won't
      >open if the other one is open. That's if I use my
      >ShellGem option on the right click menu. If it doesn't
      >open, I have to go to the Start menu and do it that way.
      >Other than that, I guess separate copies is the best way
      >to get truly "custom" setups. Is it best to just not
      >allow multiple instances? I never use that feature
      >anyway so that wouldn't be a problem for me.

      I have a shortcut to one copy of NTP in my startup folder
      and that program's View|Options|General|Allow Multiple Instances
      must be set or the other copies will not open. I just discovered
      that Allow Multiple Instances is automatically set in the other
      two copies when the .exes are opened.

      >downloaded your Qref clipbook. Pretty cool, but I'm
      >wondering why the links don't show up in blue. That
      >whole feature seems to be tricky. Sometimes it seems to
      >work, and sometimes not. Thanks,
      >Mark

      Thanks. I will defer this question to the NT experts.
      I take a simple approach to NT. If something I try
      doesn't work, I try other methods until I find an approach
      that will work. I do some testing if I think a bug exists.

      Good luck, Len

      Leonard O. Hargrove, Jr.
      Avionics Systems Engineer
      E-Mail: Len <NoteTabA@...>