[NTB] HTML document on demand

  • Forrest
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 1999
      What I'm trying to do is set up a shortcut that will launch the NTP HTML
      template, thereby allowing me to create a new HTML document at any time, in
      NTP or not, in one step -- e.g. by double-clicking the shortcut, or by
      putting it in the Start Menu|Programs folder thereby allowing a
      Ctrl-Alt-whatever keyboard command to invoke it.

      I've tried making a direct shortcut to the HTML.tpl file, and also making a
      shortcut to a batch file that launches NTP with the HTML.tpl file as an
      argument.

      Both methods successfully create new documents on demand (good enough).
      However, if there's more than one document open, the last command in the
      .tpl file -- a Find to highlight the "Type content here" filler -- ends up
      running on a file other than the newly created one, which does not happen if
      I take the more circuitous File|Template|Open route.

      Any ideas on avoiding this?
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 21, 1999
        Hi Forrest,

        > I've tried making a direct shortcut to the HTML.tpl file, and
        > also making a shortcut to a batch file that launches NTP with
        > the HTML.tpl file as an argument.
        >
        > Both methods successfully create new documents on demand (good
        > enough). However, if there's more than one document open, the
        > last command in the.tpl file -- a Find to highlight the "Type
        > content here" filler -- ends up running on a file other than
        > the newly created one, which does not happen if I take the more
        > circuitous File|Template|Open route.

        If you will send me your templates private eMail I will take a
        look at them. mailto:KJB1611@...

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...