[NTB] Macros like Boxer DOS?

  • barry@penrallt.clara.co.uk
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 1999
      Hi folks,

      Does Notetab Pro support macros, like Boxer/DOS? Until now I haven't
      found anything comparable for performing repetitive tasks.

      (Boxer/DOS macros work by pressing F8, then all keystrokes are recorded
      until F8 again).

      Even the Windows version of Boxer doesn't support macros :-( which is
      why I went looking for alternatives and found Notetab.

      Best Regards,

      Barry

      PS: Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I only joined the list today :-)
    • barry@penrallt.clara.co.uk

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 1999
          Hi Barry,

          > ...macros work by pressing F8, then all keystrokes are recorded
          > until F8 again).

          While it's true that NoteTab does not have that it is also true
          that NoteTab can have as many macros (Clips) as your hard drive
          will hold. NoteTab can playback a Clip that was last used by
          pressing Ctrl+Spacebar. There are a number of was to add a Clip
          to a Clipbook Library - right click over a Library (in the narrow
          window on the docked on left by default).

          A Clip could be written to easily add (record) to the same Clip
          all the time which would be even easier than F8 (on) F8 (off)
          because it would only be one click instead of two. Sign up for
          the Clips list for discussion on that.

          Speaking of Clips though, NoteTab has a scripting language that
          makes its Clips (macros) most powerful!!! Just a simple one
          would let you add prompts within them so if you wanted some of
          the text to remain constant, to always be there to paste it
          would, but you would be prompted to "fill in the blanks" in the
          places where you wanted it different. That works great for
          addressbooks for example. See Clip Basics in Help for an example
          of that.

          I believe a nice feature for NoteTab would be something like you
          say (although F8 is taken) and the a Tool or menu command to add
          it to a focused Clip - and to be able to turn off the warning
          that I am sure Eric would put in saying you were about to add the
          text to that clip. :-)

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...