[NTB] Re: Outline docs - linking to other headings

  • Nicole Simon
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 1999
      Susan Plaumann wrote:
      > I haven't yet found the time to really learn the clip language and
      > appreciate the help very much!

      Start small. You will then learn to do more complex things.

      You can start with easy clips like
      Zeit einfügen
      -> ^[dd.mm.yy hh:mm^]

      or such things like automated mailings in combination with postie
      Hallo ^?[Name],

      Du verweist auf Deiner Seite unter
      ^?[Adresse der Seite]

      auf meine Seiten.

      You should join the clipmailinglist if you are interested and have a look
      at the clipbookrepository on the web.

      ciao
      Nicole

      --
      »So, you're searching for alien life forms? Don't you meet
      enough strange people in discussion lists like this one? ;o)«
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 1999
        Hi Susan,

        >...so far and have learned a lot

        Glad to hear that.

        > ...I can create a new headline and an internal link to it by
        > highlighting a part of the text and using the key combination
        > internal link within the outline file to an _already existing
        > headline_?

        * If you activate the [introduction] hyperlink, the content of
        that Outline topic will be displayed.

        - If you double click on [Introduction] the Outline will jump to
        that header.

        * If you have another Outline file called "Important.OTL", you
        can create a hyperlink that will display it and select the topic
        you specify. For example, [important.otl::meetings] will display
        the "meetings" heading. Note the use of the double colon to
        separate the main link criteria from the secondary criteria.

        Paths are good as well:

        [E:\NTP\Documents\funnies1.otl]

        and to a header as described above:

        [E:\NTP\Documents\funnies1.otl::Baby Gates]

        I don't know if you were looking under Help or Readme.otl, but
        the latter has two good sections hyperlinks: Hyperlinks and
        Outlines.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
        mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...