[NTB] Outline docs - linking to other headings

  • Susan Plaumann
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 1999
      Hi,
      I've been lurking on this list so far and have learned a lot - thanks
      for the wonderful input from everyone!!

      Having started using outline documents I've come across a problem for
      which I haven't yet found a solution in the help files. According to the
      instructions I can create a new headline and an internal link to it by
      highlighting a part of the text and using the key combination
      link within the outline file to an _already existing headline_?

      I'd appreciate any hints and help you can give!

      --
      Ciao,
      ~~Susan

      --+-- Nobody knows everything; the real difference between
      people is in knowing where and how to find information. --+--

      Susan Plaumann . IT Developer/Technical Writer
      Fon +49.30.34981.473, Fax +49.30.34981.600
      Pixelpark Multimedia-Agentur GmbH
      Reuchlinstrasse 10-11, D-10553 Berlin - http://www.pixelpark.com/
    • Claes Gauffin
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 1999
        Hi Susan,

        At 15:04 1999-09-03 +0200, you wrote:

        >... - how do I create an internal
        >link within the outline file to an _already existing headline_?

        I don't know whether there is any nice command to do what you want. This is
        a quick but hopefully not dirty clip that should do it. Position youself
        where you want the link and activate the clip.

        Regards /Claes

        ^!set %ix%=0
        ^!Set %namestr%=""
        :loop
        ^!inc %ix%
        ^!If ^%ix%>^$GetTopicCount$ Done
        ^!set %name%=^$GetTopicName(^%ix%)$
        ^!Append %namestr%=^%name%|
        ^!Goto loop
        :Done
        ^!Set %seldoc%=^?{(H=25)Select topic for link==^%namestr%}
        ^!InsertText [^%seldoc%]
      • Susan Plaumann
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 1999
          Hi Claes,
          thanks a bunch - it works like a charm!!

          I haven't yet found the time to really learn the clip language and
          appreciate the help very much!

          Claes Gauffin wrote:
          > >... - how do I create an internal
          > >link within the outline file to an _already existing headline_?
          > >

          > I don't know whether there is any nice command to do what you want. This is
          > a quick but hopefully not dirty clip that should do it. Position youself
          > where you want the link and activate the clip.

          --
          Ciao,
          ~~Susan

          --+-- Nobody knows everything; the real difference between
          people is in knowing where and how to find information. --+--

          Susan Plaumann . IT Developer/Technical Writer
          Fon +49.30.34981.473, Fax +49.30.34981.600
          Pixelpark Multimedia-Agentur GmbH
          Reuchlinstrasse 10-11, D-10553 Berlin - http://www.pixelpark.com/
        • Nicole Simon
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 1999
            Susan Plaumann wrote:
            > I haven't yet found the time to really learn the clip language and
            > appreciate the help very much!

            Start small. You will then learn to do more complex things.

            You can start with easy clips like
            Zeit einfügen
            -> ^[dd.mm.yy hh:mm^]

            or such things like automated mailings in combination with postie
            Hallo ^?[Name],

            Du verweist auf Deiner Seite unter
            ^?[Adresse der Seite]

            auf meine Seiten.

            You should join the clipmailinglist if you are interested and have a look
            at the clipbookrepository on the web.

            ciao
            Nicole

            --
            »So, you're searching for alien life forms? Don't you meet
            enough strange people in discussion lists like this one? ;o)«
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 3, 1999
              Hi Susan,

              >...so far and have learned a lot

              Glad to hear that.

              > ...I can create a new headline and an internal link to it by
              > highlighting a part of the text and using the key combination
              > internal link within the outline file to an _already existing
              > headline_?

              * If you activate the [introduction] hyperlink, the content of
              that Outline topic will be displayed.

              - If you double click on [Introduction] the Outline will jump to
              that header.

              * If you have another Outline file called "Important.OTL", you
              can create a hyperlink that will display it and select the topic
              you specify. For example, [important.otl::meetings] will display
              the "meetings" heading. Note the use of the double colon to
              separate the main link criteria from the secondary criteria.

              Paths are good as well:

              [E:\NTP\Documents\funnies1.otl]

              and to a header as described above:

              [E:\NTP\Documents\funnies1.otl::Baby Gates]

              I don't know if you were looking under Help or Readme.otl, but
              the latter has two good sections hyperlinks: Hyperlinks and
              Outlines.

              http://www.sureword.com/notetab

              The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
              mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...