[NTB] e-mail link clicking

  • Dr. Karl Helmut Gruber
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2 7:40 AM
      On Tue, 31 Aug 1999 01:36:29 -0700 Kay Roath <notetab@...> writes:

      08/30/99 11:03 PM Jody wrote
      > > I thought we were able to click on an
      eMail link in
      > > noteTab and it would open a new post in the default
      mail
      > > program. I cannot get that to work now. Open Quick
      Links
      > > makes no difference. Are we able to do that? If so, then
      > > suspect it got messed up by OE5/IE5 on my machine. I can
      > > get mailto to work in a clip, but not from a document.

      Mine work but I can't get them to go to the right e-mail
      > program. I
      think it's a Win98 thing. Setting the e-mail
      > program in IE5 doesn't fix
      it :(

      On Tue, 31 Aug 1999 Larry writes:

      >I have Windows 95B, and a couple of weeks
      ago upgraded to IE 5, and OE5.
      >I tried opening a mailto link in NoteTab,
      and it brought up OE5, but I
      >could not do anything with it. Anytime I
      clicked on the new message form,
      >I got the Windows "ding". I had to three
      finger salute and end task, then
      >NoteTab shut down with it.

      >Is
      it a DLL conflict? Knowing Microsoft, they changed some key piece and
      >did
      not leave any explanation to get around it.

      I have made exactly the same experience as Larry and found out by chance
      that it works if you click on File of  the new message form, then in the menu
      on Send News.
      You get an info: News could not be sent as the addressee is missing. Click on OK.

      Now you can work with the form in the usual way of OE.

      Regards

      Karl Helmut Gruber