[NTB] Word wrapping

  • Paul M. King
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31 1:18 PM
      I am uncertain whether NTP will permit me to word wrap an entire document
      at once or whether I can highlight and select portions to word wrap or do
      both as desired and appropriate.

      What effect does word wrapping have on copying or moving lines of code?

      Peking
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31 5:22 PM
        Hi Paul,

        > I am uncertain whether NTP will permit me to word wrap an
        > entire document at once or whether I can highlight and select
        > portions to word wrap or do both as desired and appropriate.

        To add to what Granny wrote, NoteTab will not wrap selected text
        as far as "Word Wrap" and "Wrap to Column" goes with hard breaks.

        If you want to wrap selected text and put hard line breaks in it
        try using the Reformat Tool: Modify | Lines | Reformat
        (Shift+Ctrl+M) You can put the Tool on your Toolbar or Shortcut
        menu from Options under those tab names.

        If you can build Clips there are commands that will do more of
        what you might be wanting to do such as StrSplit. Sign up for
        the Clips list for discussion on that please.
      • Raymond Fitzgerald
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31 5:39 PM
          Hi Paul,

          Jody wrote:
          >If you can build Clips there are commands that will do more of
          >what you might be wanting to do such as StrSplit. Sign up for
          >the Clips list for discussion on that please.

          Like R.S.'s "10 Chars Per Line" clip that he posted April 4. On my machine I
          added a combobox to prompt for other column widths. Works great!

          Cheers,
          Ray Fitz
        • Kay Roath
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31 6:14 PM
            08/31/1999 1:18 PM Paul M. King wrote

            > I am uncertain whether NTP will permit me to word wrap an
            > entire document at once or whether I can highlight and
            > select portions to word wrap or do both as desired and
            > appropriate.

            Word wrap affects the way you view a whole document. It
            doesn't change anything in the disk file - only the way it
            looks to you in NoteTab. Ctrl+J or Modify|Lines|Join Lines
            may be used to physically convert long lines into shorter
            ones in the file. It can be used on selected parts of a
            document. Modify|Lines|Split Lines will convert short lines
            back into long ones.

            Word wrap doesn't affect clip code except it can sometimes
            mess you up because you think you're looking at a wrapped
            line when it really is 2 lines & NoteTab doesn't like that
            :0 Especially when copying clips from messages, it's best
            to have word wrap off. Long lines will get split apart in
            the message & won't work in the clip. The highlighting in
            Pro helps - if you see a line that looks like it's supposed
            to go with the line above it but it's a different color,
            that's a pretty good indication that there's a problem.

            --- Grandma Kay ---