[NTB] Re: Thank you JOdy!

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 1999
      Hi Helen,

      > I thought if I could copy the file, why couldn't I move the
      > file? The wierd thing is that on my new, HP computer the file
      > that showed up as .exe on my old Compaq doesn't show that way.

      Perhaps you were looking at a shortcut or had you options so it
      did not display .exe extensions. (I display all files types and
      never checked if that is possible though.) If you tried to copy
      a shortcut over it would make sense that it did not work for you.

      > I can use the NTP without a formal install.

      > Also, when I use the start menu on the new computer and go
      > through programs NTP is not listed.

      The install program puts that that for you.

      To add a shortcut to your Start menu go to Windows Explorer and
      find your NotePro.exe file. Right click over it and choose Copy
      (Ctrl+C, or use the Copy Tool on the Explorer Toolbar if you have
      it displayed.)

      Go to C:\Windows\Start Menu\ and double click on the folder so it
      opens in the large right hand window. Right click in that window
      and choose "Paste Shortcut." That will put "NoteTab" on the main
      menu when you click the start button. You can edit the shortcut
      name in the Start menu folder to whatever you want.

      If you do not want NoteTab on your main menu, but in the Programs
      menu then do the above in the Program folder instead.

      If you would like NoteTab to run when you startup your computer
      after you make the shortcut above continue spreading the folders
      till you see a folder called "StartUp" which will be:

      C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp\

      Right click in that folder and "Paste Shortcut" again provided
      you still have NoteTab 0n the clipboard.

      Chances are you will see other apps in there as well and it might
      answer a question you have had for awhile like, "I wonder why
      that keeps starting." :)

      You can use the above with any app and make a shortcut in any
      folder to start a program or open a file, etc. the deasktop as
      well. If you right click over the shortcut and choose
      "Properties/Shortcut" you can change the icon displayed.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...