[NTB] Re: HELP! Can't Open NTB

    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 29 10:55 AM
      Hi Mark,

      >> The only thing I can suggest at this point is turn off your
      >> anti-virus software for awhile and see if you still get the
      >> problem. Perhaps there is a way you can get it to ignore
      >> NoteTab and the files it opens.
      >
      > We all screamed for ice cream and while we lop it up let us ALL
      > scream in unison.
      >
      >THANK YOU JODY!!!!!!!

      I don't quite understand your answer. Did you find the problem?
      If so, what was the solution?

      > P.S. I hope ya got rid of those spammers.

      If you noticed you received a post saying your post was sent to
      the list moderator for approval for your last two posts.

      rainmark@... which should solve your moderate problem, but I
      suspect many more will be coming.

      We should, but hopefully not, only be able to get spam from list
      members.

      c ya,
      jody

      I can only please one person a day.
      Today is obviously not your day.
      Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8?D

      http://www.sureword.com/sojourner/
    • rainmark@att.net
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 30 2:38 PM
        Hi Jody,
        Perhaps there is a way you can get it (Norton) to ignore
        > >> NoteTab and the files it opens.
        > I don't quite understand your answer. Did you find the problem?
        > If so, what was the solution?
        Jody

        I didn't find the problem, but now I have something to check, (Norton) so I was thanking you for that and also your prompt assistance.
        Mark

        > If you noticed you received a post saying your post was sent to
        > the list moderator for approval for your last two posts.
        Jody

        Yeah, I did notice that and kinda figured that was why later on. (the spam prob)
        Mark

        > rainmark@... which should solve your moderate problem, but I
        > suspect many more will be coming.
        Jody

        The differences in the address is something I don't understand. How can I get mail at both when I only have one? Is the "worldnet" just an add-on of some kind that isn't necessary? And how does leaving it off make any diff? Forgive me <:-( Mark
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 30 6:47 PM
          Hi Mark,

          >> rainmark@... which should solve your moderate problem, but
          >> I suspect many more will be coming.
          >
          > The differences in the address is something I don't understand.
          > How can I get mail at both when I only have one? Is the
          > "worldnet" just an add-on of some kind that isn't necessary?
          > And how does leaving it off make any diff? Forgive me <:-( Mark

          postoffice.worldnet.att.net
          worldnet.att.net
          att.net

          For simplicity's sake, the Internet and AT&T know that all three
          of them are the same, at least as far as when it comes to where
          the messages are sent in the broad sense. (In AT&T's case
          worldnet.att.net & att.net are mirror servers.)

          The problem comes in with listservers when somebody subscribes
          using something different than what is in their Reply to (return
          address) section in their eMail program. Listservers see
          worldnet.att.net & att.net as two different addresses - they want
          to see the exact address or it will not be accepted the way I
          have it set now which I don't like doing for a few reasons.

          The easiest way to fix an address problem is use your eMail
          program to subscribe with, because that is what you will post
          with providing you use the same user when posting to the list.
          If you start getting duplicates, change your return address to
          the one that you do not normally use and send an unsubscribe
          message. After that change your return field back. You can
          unsubscribe on the web as well.

          To Subscribe to or UnSubscribe from any of these Mailing
          Lists send an empty post to the appropriate list(s):

          Subscribe:
          The NoteTab Basic List....... NoteTab-Subscribe@...
          The NoteTab Clips List....... Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
          The NoteTab HTML List........ Ntb-html-Subscribe@...