[NTB] Re: Wishlist: Outline

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 6, 1999
      Hi [Manuel],

      > [Manuel]
      > Ok, That's great. I hope testing soon.

      For those of you who missed it:

      Eric wrote this about a month ago. Like most things, there is
      always a possibility of some change and especially what he wrote
      in item 3 because Light is with the others:

      1. Maintenance release for NoteTab v4.62: now that I have Windows
      NT, I hope to be able to identify many of the issues reported for
      that platform (particularly the poor performance of the Perl and
      Gawk commands, and the frequent error messages some of you are
      receiving). I will also fix all the reproducible minor bugs that
      have been reported to me so far. If time permits, I will be
      adding the Clip Toolbar.

      2. NoteTab Gold: fully customizable syntax highlighting, more
      sophisticated RegExp, multilevel outlines (tree-view list), print
      preview, etc.

      3. NoteTab Pro/Std/Light v5.0: more sophisticated RegExp,
      multilevel outlines (tree-view list, but backward compatibility),
      print preview, etc.

      ----

      MailBag Assistant is scheduled to launch late August or September
      which is used to read mail program mailboxes. It is very powerful
      and should prove very useful for those who have large amounts of
      eMail to search through to get old messages.

      Happy NoteTabbin',

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab
      NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
      http://www.notetab.com
    • Bill Scott
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 6, 1999
        Jody:

        what is the upgrade fee going to be for Gold ... ??

        Bill
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 6, 1999
          Hi Bill,

          > what is the upgrade fee going to be for Gold ... ??

          Eric did not know the last time I asked which was a few weeks
          ago. He has always been fair about his pricing for the programs
          and to registered users though.

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 6, 1999
            Jody :
            He has always been fair about his pricing for the programs
            and to registered users though.
            Bill *||:>) wrote:
            I always feel like he should charge allot more for this program. I just
            hope he is going to charge enough to stay in business ... I would hate to
            lose this list and all the networking that goes on ... this has really been
            a great resource for me as a small business owner working on a shoestring
            like I do. It really helps to have so many professionals that will help
            when you need it ... I took the same approach on my list
            Stockdogs Enthusiast Discussion Group
            http://www.stockdogsaction.com/OTHER/stockdogE.htm

            and it has really been good for business ... anyway keep up the good works

            Happy Stockdoggin ......

            Bill *||:>)

            Puppy Tutorial

            http://www.stockdogsaction.com/puppies.htm
          • [Manuel]
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 6, 1999
              >> Another wish: it would be great to have a multiple level Outline,
              >
              >That is planned for the Gold version which may start beta testing
              >in a few months.
              >
              >Bob: you can get Treepad here:
              >Freeware Version 2.6.9c

              [Manuel]
              Well, I don't like Treepad because his files end with .hjt.
              This is not a format universal.
              I prefer to have multiples files, and each have information
              individual, and the use a otl to join all files.

              The idea of the outline is good.
              And there are another idea, that I wish for the gold version of
              notetab, that is to launch a file without the path of the program.

              For example, in Treepad if you wish launc a file the next work ok:
              "file://F:\5.Ejercicios\03.Excel\0101-suma-media-producto-5EXC.xls"

              and ... well :-OO in notetab work ok if you have iexplorer 5 :-OO
              and then I can see a file of office if I have iexplore5 in the window
              of iexplorer, but, I would like in the excel windows for gold version.

              Then I can use in notetab Document/Insert HTML/link image and then I
              put at the first the text file://

              for example if I want to view a document of word I write:
              file://F:\5.Ejercicios\02.Word\0201-boda-jose-5WOR.doc

              and if there aren't spaces from notetab open iexplorer, and then I
              press the botton tools and then I can view the toolbar of word.

              Then, it's not necesary write the path of the program, such as, word,
              excel or other office aplication.

              But there are some problems,
              when the path is in to one line dont' work :-(.

              I hope de gold version :)

              -
              **
              Manuel PĂ©rez, desde Murcia (Spain)
            • David Seidman
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 8, 1999
                At 06:47 PM 8/6/1999 +0000, [Manuel] wrote:
                >Well, I don't like Treepad because his files end with .hjt.
                >This is not a format universal.
                >I prefer to have multiples files, and each have information
                >individual, and the use a otl to join all files.

                There are, I think, arguments on both sides of the one file/multiple file
                question.

                As for the file format, it may not be a universal format, but there is, so
                far as I know, no univerally accepted format for folding editor files.
                (Long ago, the creators of ThinkTank tried to establish an accepted
                universal formula for outline files, but it was not widely used.) The
                TreePad file format, however, is a well-documented ascii format, so it is
                easy to work with. It would be very simple, for example, to convert a
                TreePad file to an NoteTab outline, with indented outline headings to
                correspond to the hierarchical structure of a Treepad file. (I'm not sure
                that Eric has nicely documented the otl file structure anywhere, but it
                looks like it is very simple.)