[NTB] Re: Wishlist: Outline

  • [Manuel]
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 6 7:49 AM
      Fri, 06 Aug 1999 08:24:53 -0500:

      [Jody <KJB1611@...>]
      >> Another wish: it would be great to have a multiple level Outline,
      >
      >That is planned for the Gold version which may start beta testing
      >in a few months.

      [Manuel]
      Ok, That's great. I hope testing soon.
      -
      **
      Manuel Pérez, desde Murcia (Spain)
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 6 8:21 AM
        Hi [Manuel],

        > [Manuel]
        > Ok, That's great. I hope testing soon.

        For those of you who missed it:

        Eric wrote this about a month ago. Like most things, there is
        always a possibility of some change and especially what he wrote
        in item 3 because Light is with the others:

        1. Maintenance release for NoteTab v4.62: now that I have Windows
        NT, I hope to be able to identify many of the issues reported for
        that platform (particularly the poor performance of the Perl and
        Gawk commands, and the frequent error messages some of you are
        receiving). I will also fix all the reproducible minor bugs that
        have been reported to me so far. If time permits, I will be
        adding the Clip Toolbar.

        2. NoteTab Gold: fully customizable syntax highlighting, more
        sophisticated RegExp, multilevel outlines (tree-view list), print
        preview, etc.

        3. NoteTab Pro/Std/Light v5.0: more sophisticated RegExp,
        multilevel outlines (tree-view list, but backward compatibility),
        print preview, etc.

        ----

        MailBag Assistant is scheduled to launch late August or September
        which is used to read mail program mailboxes. It is very powerful
        and should prove very useful for those who have large amounts of
        eMail to search through to get old messages.

        Happy NoteTabbin',

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab
        NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
        http://www.notetab.com
      • Bill Scott
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 6 8:59 AM
          Jody:

          what is the upgrade fee going to be for Gold ... ??

          Bill
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 6 9:17 AM
            Hi Bill,

            > what is the upgrade fee going to be for Gold ... ??

            Eric did not know the last time I asked which was a few weeks
            ago. He has always been fair about his pricing for the programs
            and to registered users though.

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 6 10:14 AM
              Jody :
              He has always been fair about his pricing for the programs
              and to registered users though.
              Bill *||:>) wrote:
              I always feel like he should charge allot more for this program. I just
              hope he is going to charge enough to stay in business ... I would hate to
              lose this list and all the networking that goes on ... this has really been
              a great resource for me as a small business owner working on a shoestring
              like I do. It really helps to have so many professionals that will help
              when you need it ... I took the same approach on my list
              Stockdogs Enthusiast Discussion Group
              http://www.stockdogsaction.com/OTHER/stockdogE.htm

              and it has really been good for business ... anyway keep up the good works

              Happy Stockdoggin ......

              Bill *||:>)

              Puppy Tutorial

              http://www.stockdogsaction.com/puppies.htm
            • [Manuel]
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 6 11:47 AM
                >> Another wish: it would be great to have a multiple level Outline,
                >
                >That is planned for the Gold version which may start beta testing
                >in a few months.
                >
                >Bob: you can get Treepad here:
                >Freeware Version 2.6.9c

                [Manuel]
                Well, I don't like Treepad because his files end with .hjt.
                This is not a format universal.
                I prefer to have multiples files, and each have information
                individual, and the use a otl to join all files.

                The idea of the outline is good.
                And there are another idea, that I wish for the gold version of
                notetab, that is to launch a file without the path of the program.

                For example, in Treepad if you wish launc a file the next work ok:
                "file://F:\5.Ejercicios\03.Excel\0101-suma-media-producto-5EXC.xls"

                and ... well :-OO in notetab work ok if you have iexplorer 5 :-OO
                and then I can see a file of office if I have iexplore5 in the window
                of iexplorer, but, I would like in the excel windows for gold version.

                Then I can use in notetab Document/Insert HTML/link image and then I
                put at the first the text file://

                for example if I want to view a document of word I write:
                file://F:\5.Ejercicios\02.Word\0201-boda-jose-5WOR.doc

                and if there aren't spaces from notetab open iexplorer, and then I
                press the botton tools and then I can view the toolbar of word.

                Then, it's not necesary write the path of the program, such as, word,
                excel or other office aplication.

                But there are some problems,
                when the path is in to one line dont' work :-(.

                I hope de gold version :)

                -
                **
                Manuel Pérez, desde Murcia (Spain)
              • David Seidman
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 8 6:29 PM
                  At 06:47 PM 8/6/1999 +0000, [Manuel] wrote:
                  >Well, I don't like Treepad because his files end with .hjt.
                  >This is not a format universal.
                  >I prefer to have multiples files, and each have information
                  >individual, and the use a otl to join all files.

                  There are, I think, arguments on both sides of the one file/multiple file
                  question.

                  As for the file format, it may not be a universal format, but there is, so
                  far as I know, no univerally accepted format for folding editor files.
                  (Long ago, the creators of ThinkTank tried to establish an accepted
                  universal formula for outline files, but it was not widely used.) The
                  TreePad file format, however, is a well-documented ascii format, so it is
                  easy to work with. It would be very simple, for example, to convert a
                  TreePad file to an NoteTab outline, with indented outline headings to
                  correspond to the hierarchical structure of a Treepad file. (I'm not sure
                  that Eric has nicely documented the otl file structure anywhere, but it
                  looks like it is very simple.)