[NTB] My Wish for NoteTab

  • Brett Taylor
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 5, 1999
      Hi all, Especially Eric,

      I have HEAPS of clipbooks.  Its not funny.  :)  But seriously, I hate using those left and right buttons, and would prefer a button that made the clipbooks bar go into wrap mode, so I can pick my clipbook in three clicks instead of 15+.

      Just a suggestion, and I'm sure some of the other notetabbers will agree with me!

      Brett Taylor
       Creator of the HTML_Xtreme Clipbook

    • Len
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 5, 1999
        Hi Brett, Ray, All

        A wrapping Libraries Buttonbar is an excellent idea.

        A wrapping Toolbar would also be good.

        At 12:44 PM 8/6/99 +1200, you wrote:
        > Hi all, Especially Eric, three clicks instead of 15+. Just a
        >suggestion, and I'm sure some of the other notetabbers will agree with me!
        > Brett Taylor Creator of the HTML_Xtreme Clipbook
        >http://surf.to/enkisoft/ weednix@...

        Leonard O. Hargrove, Jr.
        Avionics Systems Engineer
        E-Mail: Len <NoteTabA@...>
      • Dennis Cummins
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 5, 1999
          Am I missing something here? Doesn't the toolbar and the libraries button
          bar already wrap?

          Dennis

          On 5 Aug 99, 20:51 Len wrote:

          > Hi Brett, Ray, All
          >
          > A wrapping Libraries Buttonbar is an excellent idea.
          >
          > A wrapping Toolbar would also be good.
          >
          > At 12:44 PM 8/6/99 +1200, you wrote:
          > > Hi all, Especially Eric, three clicks instead of 15+. Just a
          > >suggestion, and I'm sure some of the other notetabbers will agree with
          > >me!
          > > Brett Taylor Creator of the HTML_Xtreme Clipbook
          > >http://surf.to/enkisoft/ weednix@...
          > >

          > Leonard O. Hargrove, Jr.
          > Avionics Systems Engineer
          > E-Mail: Len <NoteTabA@...>

          > Advertising on GoTo.com is simple. You control the targeting & price. It's
          > fast, simple and incredibly cost-effective!
          > http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/671
          >

          > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab

        • Cindy
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 5, 1999
            At 11:03 PM 8/5/99 -0500, Dennis wrote:
            >Am I missing something here?  Doesn't the toolbar and the
            libraries button
            >bar already wrap?

            PHEW!!! It isn't just me, I thought they wrapped too.

            Cindy (cas@...)

            Mt 5:8 .. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 5, 1999
              Hi Dennis and Brett,

              >> I have HEAPS of clipbooks. Its not funny. :) But seriously,
              >> I hate using those left and right buttons, and would prefer a
              >> button that made the clipbooks bar go into wrap mode, so I can
              >> pick my clipbook in three clicks instead of 15+.
              >
              > Am I missing something here? Doesn't the toolbar and the
              > libraries button bar already wrap?

              I do not know what kind of wrap mode he is speaking of. We have
              wrap now. Perhaps stacking the buttons is what he is referring
              to like the Toolbar, but maybe not.

              After I got the most excellent Librarian I have no need to have
              stack, wrap, or the wrap you all might be speaking of. I have
              not seen an arrow button since then except if I want to load more
              Libraries than I can possibly use in one day. If you have a
              number of Libraries to manage or hate stacking or even seeing
              scrolling arrows, then there are two words to sum it up: must
              have!!!

              I have four groups of Libraries:

              All: loads over 50 Libraries with two clicks, one to focus my
              Lib (_+Librarian+_ renamed) Library, and click on All. Another
              Click closes All of them.

              Main: loads my everyday Libraries and I still have room to add a
              few if I want.

              Others: All Libraries from other users.

              Original: NoteTab's original installation Libraries.

              Any single Library can be loaded by just a click and it is
              instantly loaded and focused, well, depending on the Clip size of
              the Library just like when focusing any Library. Click on it
              again and it closes. Click on any single to open and click again
              to close, or should I say removes it from the Libraries Bar.

              Anytime I want to add a new Library it is very simple. I click
              on Lib. Click on my Clip to rename it to the original. Click on
              the _+Config+_ clip and it opens that Library. Click on Update
              Library and then add the new Library. Check the boxes of the
              groups I want to add it in and let 'er rip. I simply back out of
              then to get back to my original Main setup.

              We also have programmable icons on the way which will also make it
              simple to manage Libraries like that.

              You can get the Clipbook Librarian at:

              http://www.escape.ca/~rainec/notetab.htm
              http://www.escape.ca/~rainec/cls_v110.zip

              It was originally conceived by Eric Beecher and added to by
              Charles Raine.

              c ya,
              jody

              I can only please one person a day.
              Today is obviously not your day.
              Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8?D

              http://www.sureword.com/sojourner/
            • Len
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 5, 1999
                Hi Dennis, All;

                Yes they do. I Incorrectly mixed terminology between fields.
                Read wrapping as looping (horizontally :-). Sorry about that.

                I've also had occasions where a document end linking to the
                document start would be advantageous.

                Enjoy, Len

                At 11:03 PM 8/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
                >Am I missing something here? Doesn't the toolbar and the libraries button
                >bar already wrap?
                >
                >Dennis
                >

                >On 5 Aug 99, 20:51 Len wrote:
                >
                >> Hi Brett, Ray, All
                >>
                >> A wrapping Libraries Buttonbar is an excellent idea.
                >>
                >> A wrapping Toolbar would also be good.
                >>
                >> At 12:44 PM 8/6/99 +1200, you wrote:
                >> > Hi all, Especially Eric, three clicks instead of 15+. Just a
                >> >suggestion, and I'm sure some of the other notetabbers will agree with
                >> >me!
                >> > Brett Taylor Creator of the HTML_Xtreme Clipbook
                >> >http://surf.to/enkisoft/ weednix@...

                Leonard O. Hargrove, Jr.
                Avionics Systems Engineer
                E-Mail: Len <NoteTabA@...>
              • Charles Cairns
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 6, 1999
                  Hi All,

                  I've been on and off the list before, so many of you probably won't recognize
                  me, but I've been using NoteTab for years. I've got a wishlist item and a
                  question that maybe someone can answer.

                  Wishlist: Colored tabs (like, for example, the green Eric uses when a document's
                  being used as paste board); would make it easier to spot documents when you have
                  a lot open.

                  Question: Is there a way to add colored headers to outline documents like you
                  can to clipbooks?

                  Many thanks!

                  --Charles
                • Kay Roath
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 6, 1999
                    08/05/1999 5:44 PM Brett Taylor wrote

                    > I have HEAPS of clipbooks. Its not funny. :) But
                    > seriously, I hate using those left and right buttons, and
                    > would prefer a button that made the clipbooks bar go into
                    > wrap mode, so I can pick my clipbook in three clicks
                    > instead of 15+.

                    Click on the scrolling file list (at the top of the clip area)
                    or Ctrl+F6 & start typing the library name.

                    --- Grandma Kay ---
                  • Charles Cairns
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 6, 1999
                      Grandma Kay wrote in part:

                      > The only colors you can set are Active, Inactive, Modified &
                      > PasteBoard (Options|TabBar). You can use the colors as
                      > little icons or as the color for the whole tab...

                      Thanks Grandma Kay and everyone who offered advice. Thanks also for clueing
                      me in to TreePad; I'm looking forward to seeing NoteTab Gold.

                      --csc
                    • Kay Roath
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 6, 1999
                        08/06/1999 3:17 AM Charles Cairns wrote
                        > Wishlist: Colored tabs (like, for example, the green Eric
                        > uses when a document's being used as paste board); would
                        > make it easier to spot documents when you have a lot open.

                        (NTPro)
                        The only colors you can set are Active, Inactive, Modified &
                        PasteBoard (Options|TabBar). You can use the colors as
                        little icons or as the color for the whole tab. I use the
                        whole tab but it's tricky since you only have one color for
                        the font. Windows adds to the problem of finding a document
                        in the midst of many because it moves tabs around. The
                        easiest way to get to one of many is with the Documents view
                        in Quick List. (Tools|Quick List Properties|Documents)
                        Alt+T L D Shift+F7
                        F6 toggles the display

                        --- Grandma Kay ---
                      • weednix@hkb.quik.co.nz
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 7, 1999
                          Hi Len, Dennis, All,

                          I'm sorry for the ambiguity in my wish. I'll get ascii:

                          [ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][<][>]
                          Above is the NORMAL library bar, right?

                          [ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ]
                          [ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ]
                          [ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ]
                          And this is the bar in Wrap Button mode (enabled by right clicking on
                          the bar, then selecting Wrap Buttons)

                          This is what I propose:
                          [ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][EXPAND]
                          and
                          [ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ]
                          [ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ]
                          [ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][EXPAND]

                          and clicking on the EXPAND BUTTON would be the same as turning on wrap
                          buttons mode, and when pressed again, turns it off. A hotkey would be
                          great too.

                          Does that sound easy? I mean, right clicking means getting the mouse
                          and five clicks later... Save two clicks!

                          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab/?start=5674

                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 7, 1999
                            Hi weednix,

                            > [ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ]
                            > [ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ][ clip ]
                            > And this is the bar in Wrap Button mode (enabled by right
                            > clicking on the bar, then selecting Wrap Buttons)

                            Well, blow me down! I looked to see when the "stacking" called
                            Wrap was added, because at one time we could not do that if I
                            remember correctly. I've seen the wrap there and paid no
                            attention to it because for some dumb reason I thought that would
                            give me my arrows when I did not have the amount of Libraries to
                            have them put on automatically. So, what you want is a popup
                            menu to raise the stacked/wrapped buttons up, perhaps an auto
                            raise like the windows Taskbar? That would be nice for the Gold
                            even though personally I would still go with the Librarian which
                            overall is a better method for large amounts of Libraries and
                            perhaps a customizable icon to switch to/from my number 1/2
                            Library Bars.

                            Actually, with the programmable Toolbar coming you will be able
                            to do what you want except you would have an icon for it.

                            The two most common elements in the
                            universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

                            Signed,
                            I. Claim Ignorance